Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Stupid Starbucks



This is a picture of the after-school staff. It really has nothing to do with my post, I just like the picture. We took it last week for the newsletter. One reason I really like my job is I have great people to work with! And this doesn't include the other full-time staff that do not work with the after-school program. They're great too! Well in work related news, I finished the sorting of the toys and the newsletter so I feel much more relaxed! Two weights off my shoulders. Although I had to stay two hours after work to finish the toys by myself last night and I pulled some muscles from lifting heavy stuff, so I am a little sore today. But it is done! I should have taken a picture of the room so you all could fully appreciate the huge job this was. Now that we know what we have, we get to go shopping and buy more toys. That will be fun. I love buying gifts for other people! (especially kids since they are so easy to shop for) I've been told over 300 kids will come to our holiday party, and they all get presents from Santa.

My housemates and I saw A Christmas Carol this past weekend and it did help put me in the Christmas spirit some more. Our housemate Ben was in it. It was kind of amusing to watch him singing and dancing on stage. He was also the ghost of Christmas future. And we have a Christmas tree up now. I guess someone donated it to the group last year. It's not the most attractive tree, but it's a tree. But I definitely do not have all my shopping done! (although I am not doing much this year)

So I found out yesterday that I will not be working at Starbucks ever again. After a three month roundabout process I was told "oh by the way, my district manager doesn't want to transfer someone in who can only work once a week" I wish they would have just told me that in the first place!! Instead they kept leading me on, acting like I would be put on the schedule soon. I can't even explain how ridiculous this whole thing was. I kind of figured I would never be working there, but it's nice to know for sure now! I was hoping to make some extra money for Christmas shopping, but oh well I will manage. I've done fine so far! About a month ago I was talking to a lady at church about my past job with Will, and she said she could get me a job with a family here, so I might do that. I thought I would be too busy if I was working at Starbucks, but now that's not a problem. I really miss working with Will. No one can replace him, but I think I would enjoy having a job like that again. Flexible hours, good pay... yep sounds good to me.

P.S. Regarding my last post, I found this website explaining the legend of shoes hanging from wires if anyone is interested: http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/sneakers.htm So who knows if it was supposed to mean anything - actually the shoes are still there. I have called the electric company twice and they have yet to come and remove them.

4 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Abby said...

That would be great if you could do something like with Will. Maybe you could make a career out of it :)

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

And you would get better work experience. Do you have a picture of the shoes?

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Maria said...

well I don't think I would want to make a career out of it, but I do enjoy it. And I do not have a picture of the shoes. I should have taken one, but they are gone now so it's too late!

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger abby said...

reba - you are hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home