Monday, November 14, 2005

Nothing to Blog About!!

Well for the first time since I have been here I had absolutely nothing planned for this past weekend, so it was very relaxing. I enjoyed it. Once and awhile, it is nice to have nothing to do. My most exciting plans were Friday night. After mopping up a bunch (and I mean A LOT) of toilet water because some punk kids flooded the toilet somehow, serveral of my coworkers and I stayed after work to play some volleyball in the gym. This is the second week in a row we have done this and it is a lot of fun, mostly because none of us are really good so we just have fun with it and goof around. I think it will turn into a weekly thing. Then most of us went out to eat at the Santa Fe Grill. Yummy. My only outings on Saturday were a walk to the library and a trip to Hobby Lobby. And Sunday I only ventured out of my "flat" for church. What a lazy weekend. I watched a lot of "Lost" and finished one book and started on another one. I am now reading Thomas Merton's "Seven Storey Mountain." I remember Perry raving about it, so I thought I would give it a try. I like it so far. I recently found out there is a Thomas Merton center somewhere nearby since he lived in a monestary in Kentucky. Maybe I should check it out sometime. After work today I was taught the game Dutch Blitz by my two Mennonite housemates. I was told that I can officially call myself a Mennonite now that I know how to play this game. I thought it was fun, especially after Emily stopped playing (she's a pro and kept beating us all). After that excitment I did dishes for almost two hours and now my back hurts. What an exciting life I lead!

10 Comments:

At 4:46 AM, Blogger Abby said...

I read "Seven Story Mountain." I don't remember too much about it, but I remember it was good.

So are you officially a Mennonite now?

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Abby said...

I just wanted to say again how much I love "Lost." How many more episodes do you have to go in the first season?

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Maria said...

I only have four episodes left of the first season! I plan on finishing it this week. And my housemate Ben has been downloading episodes from the second season on his computer, so maybe I can watch those too!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger abby said...

Woah! My classmates and I started a weekly volleyball ritual too AND I'm reading 7 storey Mt.!! It's Laura's copy and I read slow, but hopefully I'll finish at Thanksgiving break!

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Maria said...

weird!!

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Jo said...

You can't tell me anything about lost because the first series hasn't even finished in england yet and i keep missing episodes so i'm going to have to borrow the dvd of someone! and can you believe the 2nd desperate housewifes doesn't start until Feb, why are we so far behind its so unfair!

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Maria said...

How unfortunate! I'm so sorry!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Abby said...

Jo, you should have told me, I could have bought you season 1 for Christmas and sent it to you!!! You deserve to be able to watch the best show ever!

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will have time to hang out Friday...I told Celeste I'd go out to breakfast with her or something and I think you and Kim should come. I told Darby and Jeanine that I would be haning out with you guys and they said they wanted to come anyways so it's cool....Did I tell you I think Darby's going to come out of the closet to me?

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Yeah for Mr. Merton! What a fun guy to read about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home