Monday, November 28, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!










Well I had a nice Thanks-giving and I hope everyone else did too! I went home on Wednesday and came back last night. I had company on the way home, my housemates Emily and Keith rode with me to Columbus before going our separate ways. I definitely ate a lot this past weekend and did a whole lot of nothing and it was wonderful! I had Thanksgiving dinner with my parents, sister, and three remaining grandparents. It was nice to be at home and with my family. I also got to see my friends, including Vicki and Jennilee who I hadn't seen since August. And I saw Becky with a diamond ring on her finger. Another friend engaged. (Bluffton people might remember my friends Becky and Tom, good friends of Matt and Celeste, who set them up. And now they are engaged) On Saturday night Kim, Jenni, and I were planning on seeing the movie "Rent", but right before we left Jenni got a call from a friend to let her know it was the night of her high school reunion (she forgot). So instead we ended up attending the Hilliard Davidson High School Class of 2000 reunion at the wonderful establishment "Luckys" (a bar in Hilliard). It happens to be the same bar Kim, Jenni, and I attended with a bunch of Westland High School teachers on another random night over the summer. Anyways, as always, it was odd to see so many high school people, especially since I was at their reunion and I didn't graduate with them. :) Several people approached Kim and I, and there was always that delayed "Hey..didn't you graduate the year after us?" Although not everyone realized this. We had a lot of random conversations and it ended up being a fun night. I still want to see the movie "Rent" though.

I listened to Christmas music the entire drive home last night, this morning at work, and I am currently listening to it as well. I am definitely in the Christmas spirit!! Although I do enjoy Christmas shopping, I realized this weekend how much I hate malls (this coming from a girl who used to love the mall). Going along with Abby Mo's money rant, seeing the crowded mall Saturday just reminded me of how greedy and consumer driven American culture is and I really don't like it. Malls are mostly filled with junk that no one needs!! The mall did not put me in the Christmas spirit, but church on Sunday did, and that is how it should be.

I included a picture of Denise and I because I think it is cute...notice how she is almost as tall as me now! My little sister is growing up so fast :( I wish she would go back to being little and innocent.

4 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget though, those malls also help to support the economy and make it stronger, which in turn helps needy people who use government money to live. I'm not saying those people who buy overpriced Abercrombie don't piss me off too, but if they want to spend $80 on a plain white tank top then that's their loss.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger abby said...

I have never been a mall fan, or a shopping fan at all really, but I have fallen in love with a store called Plato's Closet. It's a trendy goodwill basically and it's great (if you actually need clothes).

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Maria said...

Abby Mo- There is a Plato's Closet near my house in Columbus I used to go to..I like that store as well, except they would never take any of my clothes!!! I wonder if there is one around here...and did you know we can't leave comments on your blog unless you approve them?

Vicki - yes you have a point, I just wish I could remove all the stupid people from the mall when I go so I don't have to see them

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Abby said...

I work with a girl who is obviously very wealthy. You can't carry on a conversation without her talking about shoes, shopping, or Tiffany's, etc. etc. etc. And I'm telling you it is really annoying, more annoying than you can even imagine. And I just found out the other day she drives a Mercedes! Well, anyways, my point (besides ranting my frustration) is that all she ever talks about is money and it's sad. It's obviously all she worries or cares about. I truly hope she has more in her life than shopping and driving her Mercedes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home