Friday, December 22, 2006

One Week of Relaxation

I have been home in Columbus for about a week now. How glorious having nothing to do is. I am really glad I got two weeks off work. I am actually surprised it was approved. Highlights of this week include:
-sleeping in!
-going to Denise's orchestra concert (it brought back memories)
-attending my dad's work Christmas party (remember the summer I spent working in the law library? anyways, I got to see all those people again and it was fun)
-helping Vicki with wedding stuff (it made me feel like I have a purpose)
-spending time with family and friends
-doing nothing!
-receiving random myspace messages from kids I work with (they discovered me) But it is nice to know I am missed! I really had a chance to build better relationships with a few kids this past semester, being the social work intern instead of a regular staff member. I miss them too.

This break was needed. Right now I can't imagine going back to my crazy work/school schedule. Oh by the way, my grades for first semester were: A+, A+, A, A, and pass (practicum). Sorry, just had to share because I am proud of myself!

Tonight is Vicki's bachelorette party, which shall be fun. And yes Reba, Vicki is finally getting married and yes I am wearing the cheap dress I bought this summer. I got shoes to go with it the other day, and they actually cost a little bit more than the dress!

And on another random note, I received Christmas cards from Lindsey M. and Rhonda this week. I haven't heard from them in quite awhile!

6 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger Abby said...

I didn't get a card from either...what are they doing now?

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Abby said...

And congrats on the good grades and sleeping in!

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

how did i get into your blog? of course you got grades, you worked hard for those.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger abby said...

Congrats on the grades! And you are a cute elf!

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Ah, relaxation!

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Suzanna said...

Also congrats for the grades and relaxation - I'm loving my 2 weeks off too! I'm also wondering what Rhonda and Lindsey are up to! Haven't heard from Lindsey in forever!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home