Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Things are Looking Up

Today was my 12 hour day at Americana, half the time working, half the time practicum, and it was a pretty fun day! I am blessed with great people to work with. I was laughing all day. Today was just one of those days when everything was cracking me up. I am happier with my practicum now. My regular supervisor is back and after meeting with her yesterday I felt so much better. And now that new staff is finally coming in, I feel I can refocus and get back to the goals and objectives I set in the beginning of the semester. I will still have to be a support for a few weeks, but not relied on as heavily and able to do other duties. I should be starting my group in the next couple of weeks and have started working on case management. So that is good. And I had my midterm today (which is basically a meeting with my supervisor and faculty liasion to evaluate me) and it went really well. I only heard positive feedback and I really needed that. We adjusted my goals a little bit to reflect what I have been doing the first half of the semester (which was basically taking on a leadership role and doing a little bit of everything!) And there are always those moments when a kid does something so random that cracks me up and reminds me why I am there. Those kids really do have a special place in my heart (awww.....) For example today Athey, the one pictured, was getting ready to go home, but first came back into the office, put his hand on my arm and said in a serious voice, with a concerned look on his face, "take care little buddy". Then he ran away. This kid is only 8 and comes up to my waist. To me this was hilarious and it still makes me laugh. What a goofy kid, he is great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home