Friday, December 22, 2006

Holiday Party 2006



This past Friday was the Holiday Party at Americana. I am not sure what the final count was, but it seems like there were more kids than last year. I would estimate 350-400. Getting ready for the party was a little more stressful than last year because we had less time and less staff. It was pretty ridiculous actually, but we pulled it off! I only had one nervous breakdown (at Walmart) but I won't go into that story here. I was head elf again this year, and passed out presents from about 4:15 until 8:30 straight. I think I had less complaints this year. Actually all of my kids (the ones that I know) were pleased. It was the kids I had never seen before in my life and just showed up to the Center to get a present that complained the most. I even had a couple moms try to get behind the dividers and pick out a toy themselves. How rude! Since all my kids were happy, I was happy. I think next year there are thoughts of making the party smaller because right now it is open to the community and getting a little out of control. Really, it is chaos. I think it would be much better if it was just open to the kids we already serve and their families...that is over a 100 people right there. I think that is good enough. After working 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. straight the day of the Holiday Party, I was quite exhausted.

1 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

those cool pant-things came in useful for a costume. you know it is a good trend when it can be duplicated into a costume.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home