Sunday, November 12, 2006

Busy Busy Busy

Not much new to report. I like my new chiropractor okay, but not as well as the last one. But it is free, so I can't complain. I am down to going twice a week and am feeling better, so I have a feeling I will be kicked off worker's comp soon, even though I think I have awhile to go until I am healed. But that's how those things work. I think I will report a higher "pain scale" on Tuesday.

Paper writing and group project season is upon me. So I have been rather busy and have not had much time to do things outside of the normal routine. I had one big group presentation last week, so that is out of the way and it went well. I still have two big group projects left that include a presentation and a 10 page paper (can I tell you how much I hate group papers!!) And of course 4 individual 10-12 page papers still due for each one of my classes. Half of these will be done before Thanksgiving break, the other half after Thanksgiving. I think it is evil to assign a big paper due the Monday after Thanksgiving, but of course that is the case. However it will all be over December 4! Luckily, I do not have finals, so the last day of the semester for me is the last day of classes. And then I get a whole five weeks off. I requested two weeks off of work at Americana (the week before and after Christmas), but I am not sure if I am allowed to take it yet. I really hope so. I think I deserve a break. And while I cannot wait until December 4 when things slow down, I am also trying to enjoy life now, because that is still three weeks away. Everything will get done, no need to worry....

Yesterday afternoon I spent 4 hours working on a group project. We have to do an assessment of a neighborhood, so we spent half the time walking around the Highlands and taking pictures (luckily we got a pretty easy neighorhood). So it was kind of fun. The picture is of a great local business in the neighborhood taken by my classmate. I just thought I would add a picture to spice up this post...

All is well at Americana. I've been working there a year and two and a half months or so...hard to believe. When I stop to think about it, it is really amazing that I found a place that I love so much and took my life in the direction it is going now. Our big fall party and talent show is this week so that will be fun. I've enjoyed coordinating "practices" for the groups who want to perform. Those kids can dance, let me tell you. I also finally started my group for practicum. I am co-facilitating it with another student. Our group is for middle and high school girls. We have only had two meetings and they have gone pretty well. We started watching "Mean Girls" this past week along with a discussion of cliques, gossiping and all that fun stuff. Don't you miss high school?? hah.

Okay time to stop pretending that I have the luxury of relaxing on a Sunday afternoon. Time to get to work. I am not sure what project or paper I should start on first....

Oh yeah, one more thing I wanted to add to the former LUCers possibly reading this...I got to see Ben this past week! He was staying at a hotel about an hour and a half from Louisville, so he decided to stop by. Alisa didn't get to see him because she was working. It was nice to see him and brought me back to last year. I really do miss all the good times in the Convent. Pete was in church this morning too, which again made me think of last year. And Katie was mentioned in the sermon. I miss everyone! Okay time to stop reminiscing of the days I had no school work to worry about and there was always someone around to entertain me....

7 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Abby said...

Wow, I DO NOT miss papers, projects, etc. Good luck getting it all done!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

i miss fall, those leaves are gorgeous. actually though, trees do lose leaves, but they don't turn as beautiful...

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I agree that group papers are the worst! I always hesitate to have my students do large assignments in groups. Good luck with everything!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Suzanna said...

I agree about the group reports - I have trust issues! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and can relax some!!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger mennorose said...

Wow! I didn't know about your back problems until reading this -- good luck keeping up with the chiropractor. A friend of mine has had problems with jaw pain and started seeing a chiropractor, which has helped so far. (And it's covered by her insurance, which the dentist visits aren't!)

And I also hated group projects when I had to do them in school. I guess that explains why I don't assign them, at least not for large assignments.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger abby said...

I hate group projects too! No one can do as good of a job as I can alone! lol. Good luck! I'm jealous that you get to finish before me! AND no finals!! Hallelujah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home