Monday, October 23, 2006

The Posture Pump!



Just looking at these pictures makes me laugh. So at my visit to the chiropractor this past Friday I was given a "posture pump." I am supposed to use it three times a week for fifteen minutes. Basically, it is to repair the muscles and curve in my neck. It is not painful to wear, but really uncomfortable. But supposedly this is another treatment that will help me in the long run. And I must say, this is the weirdest freakin thing I have ever seen! My doctor said it looks like some weird medieval contraption, and I have to agree. So my housemates and I, along with Abby Mo who was visiting (!), had some fun with this thing Friday night (don't you wish you were hanging out with us?). The color picture was taken by Abby Mo and it is her foot in it, not mine. The black and white is one of the many pictures Alisa took of me while I was posture pumping. She is quite the photo artist. She got some great pics! And they are hilarious.

I was re-examined at my visit last Friday and was told I still have to come in three times a week, although it was supposed to go down to two this week. I haven't healed enough yet. But I am feeling better, it is just a long process. Today I started my "active care" so now I have to do exercises everytime I come in. And instead of ten minutes of electric stimulation therapy (or something like that) I "graduated" to the rolling table...Abby Mo, do you know what this is? It was so weird! I didn't like it very much. Today I met with the physical therapist, which I do once a week. Imagine a ten minute massage that makes you want to cry. But, I am making progress. Some day I will be all better!

Ok I need to go to bed now, but more on Abby's visit and other updates coming soon!

4 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

You look like you just landed splat on your back! Amusing.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Abby said...

You pay him to make you do that? It looks a lot like an ancient torture device!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Laura said...

This does look like a torture device! I love the pictures! Is it helping?

 
At 3:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did that work out? Ive been thinking about trying model 4100 from this list http://posturepumps.com/posturepumpproduct-line/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home