Monday, December 11, 2006

1/4 a M.S.W.

I finished my first semester of grad school last Monday and it sure is a wonderful feeling! I celebrated with some classmates at Tumbleweed with $1 margaritas. No papers or projects to worry about for 5 weeks. So this past week I have just been working, and it seems so relaxing! Not that my job is what you would call relaxing, but when I come home I am done and that is what is great. I am not sure what my grades are yet, I will find out this week. I really don't have that much to write about, just wanted to say how great it is to have a break from school and relax a little! I am working a little extra this week to get ready for our big holiday party this Friday (where I will be an elf again) and get everything ready for the two weeks I will be gone. I am really looking forward to time spent at home with family and friends. and Vicki's wedding is the 29th and I'm a bridesmaid, so that will be a lot of fun. I am going home this Sunday. And I just love the Christmas season, it always puts me in a good mood. And I am done with all my Christmas shopping! And I didn't have to set foot in a mall! I did some "socially concious" shopping this season and I really feel good about it. All my purhcases were made at a fair trade store in Louisville (and the night I went 15% of the sales went to Americana) or at the open house for a group of Somali Bantu women who have started their own little business making various things (I won't say on here in case one of the recipients of my gifts is reading). The group started at Americana and it is so cool to know exactly who your money is going to. Ok, I did make one purchase at the U o f L bookstore, but it still isn't the mall!

Ok this post wasn't very exciting. Um...Friday night I had to act out "Moby Dick" in a game of Charades at the Americana staff party held at Edgardo's house. You can have fun imagining that one. I think I embarassed someone. I also had a few glasses of homeade sangria in me, it was delicious! Alright, that's all for now.

Oh yeah..can anyone tell me what is up with the two "anonymous" comments left on my last post? Did someone real write that or is it some kind of spam?? I am confused.

5 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Abby said...

Yeah I think it's spam...or someone desperate for friends I guess?!? I think it's funny that you put that you don't have much to write about and then you still have a lengthy entry! Thanks though, I love hearing updates! See you soon :)

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Spam, I would say. I'm glad you were being careful with the places you were shopping. That is something I should think more about.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Suzanna said...

Congrats on being done with the school stuff...for now at least! Have a great break - you deserve it! And also great job on the Christmas shopping. I can't say I did as well as you did!

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger abby said...

Congrats on your 1/4 degree. lol. Have a great time off of class. See you soon!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

vicki is finally getting married? isn't that the really cheap dress that you bought awhile ago?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home