Saturday, October 28, 2006

Updates

Going to the chiropractor is really helping me. Recovery is a process, but I am getting there. I think I have mentioned before that I absolutely love the place I go to. Unfortunately I just found out I have to switch chiropractors, which makes me very sad. Someone from church referred me to this place, and at first I did not know how I was going to pay for it, but figured it should somehow be covered since my injury happened while I was at work. It was decided that Urban Corps should help me because although I was working at Americana, I was getting paid by Urban Corps at the time. They filed a worker's comp claim for me and I can get the whole thing covered. But of course there is a catch. They just called me yesterday to say the chiropractor I have been going to is not in their network and while they will cover for the treatment I have had so far there, I have to switch to someone in their network to contiune being covered. I really really do not want to switch and made several phone calls (even to attorneys!) to see if I had to. And I do. If I have the opportunity to not pay one cent for my treatment, I have to take it. So I am making my last visit on Monday and then have an appointment with a new chiropractor on Tuesday. I really hope that I can contiune a similar treatment plan there. I don't like having to switch in the middle of it. I am hoping there will be no problems, all chiropractors are trained the same, right? Fortunately, the person I talked to from the new office is really nice and I will again have a woman doctor, and it is just down the street from where I have been going. So hopefully everything will turn out fine. Stupid insurance. Really, I think it is ridiculous that they are making me switch after I have been going to the same chiropractor for five weeks now (which is over 15 visits).

Things are going a lot better at Americana now. We finally have some new staff so things are running more smoothly. Of course a little crazy at times, but that is part of the job. I now have the time to do the things I should be doing during my practicum time with the youth programs. I made several home visits this past week, which is always a little akward, but I think I am getting more comfortable with it. I had some successful visits. I have also been spending some time outside work with my new coworkers and they are a lot of fun.

School is going well too. I have done very well on all the assignments, papers and presentations I have had so far. This next month will be the most hectic, with all my big group projects and papers coming up. I won't have much of a life in November. But come December 4th I will be all done! And I don't have to return to school until January 8th. It will be a very well deserved break! I can't wait.

Last night I went to a Halloween party where costumes were mandatory, so that was fun. The only thing I had was my elf outfit that I wore when I dressed up for Americana's holiday party. So I wore that. It was a really random night and it was great. So since I had my fun last night, tonight I am going to be productive. I need to get to that now. But first I am going to take a break and use my posture pump! (which is helping, but usually makes me sore the day after and is very uncomfortable, like I said, it is a process...)

5 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger abby said...

Aww. I'm sorry to hear about your insurance problems. A lot of chiropractors debate about owning a cash-only practice so you don't have to deal with that, but then you have people who will only go to things their insurance copany thinks is important. It's a headache in itself. Good luck with the new DC!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Abby said...

Yes in healthcare there is always a catch but the important thing is you get to continue receiving care and it's free! Hope all goes well.

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was in paris and it was amazing...i miss it. We also had a costume party...I was a wrestler...pictures on facebook.word
Keith

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Ahh...the dreaded insurance companies! Does anyone really like them?

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Suzanna said...

I'm glad to hear things are going well...except for the insurance thing. But, that's great the chiropracty is helping and that things are going well at work. Hopefully I'll talk to you soon :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home