Monday, October 16, 2006

In the spirt of little things...

I will follow the Abbys in my blogging style today...

I got to go home this past weekend for the first time in about two months. And it was way too quick. Arrived home around 11:15 Friday night and left Sunday early afternoon. Alisa was with me for Mo's wedding. I hadn't seen Mo for a few years. I was friends with her in high school and she went to Goshen where her and Alisa played soccer together. It was a nice wedding and it was good to see her again (although very briefly). The reception was outside in an enclosed tent with heaters, but this did not stop it from being cold!!!

Along with the weater, today was a miserable rainy Monday and for some reason I still rode my bike to campus. I was soaking wet and freezing the whole afternoon/evening and U of L has yet to turn on its heat! It was painfully cold in my classes (I wore my hat and gloves in class, although they were soaked from the rain...yeah, don't wear wool things in the rain...)

Along with the wedding, I also jammed in spending time with my family, lunch with friends, a movie with friends (don't see the Departed unless you enjoy seeing everyone getting shot), church and a mini celebration for my dad's birthday. Then I had to come back here for homework and a group meeting.

So today I had a group presentation, then a group meeting in between classes for my presentation tomorrow, and another group meeting after class for yet another presentation. There is a lot of group work in my program, but I suppose that makes a lot of sense. The last group meeting of the day was very efficient and we met at a pizza place, which is a lot better than the library.

I discovered there is a Starbucks in the library today. I really haven't explored campus very much. Coming from Bluffton, a Starbucks in the library seems amazing to me. Oh how I miss all my free drinks from that place. I spent $3.50 on a drink today, can't make this a habit. But it was very welcoming on this freezing, rainy day.

I'll stop now because I need to get some work done! It never ends....

6 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Abby said...

I thought you meant Mo as in Mohammad...whatever his name was...I was stunned for a moment.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Maria said...

ha, I thought someone would think that!! His name was Mohamed Vhadati Bana, Mo for short. I was referring to my friend Megan Morris who has always been called Mo....

sorry for the confusion!

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Keith said...

This is über the St. James Art Fair. It'S funny because I was just looking at the picture we have from that with the one last year, the one where that guy is randomly leaning into it and we are all looking at him...it cracks me up everytime. Of course the political version of supporting is usually: not getting rid of it. The best revenge, send her a nice letter thanking her support and asking for money...if she doesnt give you any, get it in the newspaper. Press is the only way to get a politicians attention

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

send me pictures of the wedding!

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger abby said...

I can't wait to visit this weekend!! See you soon!

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Yeah, the Mo thing threw me too! Thank you for the explanation. And, you should be careful about staying wet and cold for too long. You could get sick, but I am sure you know that :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home