Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Sometimes I have fun....


Sometimes in between school, work, practicum, writing papers, reading, studying, chores, chiropractic appointments, eating and sleeping, I do find some time to have fun. I did not have class on Monday and Tuesday, which allowed me to get away with barely doing any school work over the weekend. Instead I did some fun things. The St. James art fair was this past weekend a.k.a one of the biggest art fairs in the country that brings in thousands. And it was in my neighborhood. Saturday was a beautiful day and it was fun just to walk around and look at all the booths full of art I will never be able to afford! It also interesting to see all the "tourists" brought into our neighborhood. We noticed how our area was suddenly converted to white, middle class Republicans, which it is usually far from! (I could tell people's affiliated party since politicians used this event to pass out annoying stickers) The owners of the house I rent from sold some of their art in front of the house, as well as the Somali Bantu Women's group started at Americana. Their booth is pictured. As well as some of the "crew". Saturday evening I went out to dinner and shopping with my friend Tia who I hadn't seen in awhile so that was nice (she is one of my former coworkers that was laid off back in April). Sunday I saw Rent! Alisa and I had tickets way in the back, and two of our friends happened to be there too and we could sit by them. I enjoyed the show. I really love that musical and it was fun to see it live. I had a good view of the whole stage, I just couldn't tell what the actors looked like! Monday I got back into my normal schedule, replacing classes with school work and group meetings. For quite awhile now a bunch of us get together on Wednesday nights, but I have skipped out the past couple Wednesdays. Part of this is due to the start of "Lost" but also I am just so exhausted after my 12 hour day that I do not have the energy to go out! I had a good day today, but just wasn't in the mood to socialize I guess. I also plan to have a good time this weekend. Alisa and I are going to Columbus for a wedding. A friend I had in high school happened to be a good friend of Alisa's in college, and she is getting married this Saturday. I will also squeeze in some time to see friends and family. Unfortunately I have class until 7:30 on Friday evenings and have to be back here by 7 on Sunday for a group meeting because I have a presentation the next day, so it will be a short and quick weekend. I have been trying to get ahead with my homework since I won't have much time at all to do it this weekend. I miss the days when taking a weekend trip was no problem! I learned a good tip today. Sometimes when I flip through my planner the sight of all the things I have due before this semester is over stresses me out. How am I going to have the time for all this? I was told "just tape your pages shut and don't look at them!" I don't think I will actually do this, but I am going to try not to look further ahead than I have to. I just need to take it one day at a time!

3 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger abby said...

Are those all people you live with? I thought it was less people there. I'm confused. I thought it was eric burdette for a minute. lol

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Maria said...

I only live with the guy in the orange shirt (Dan) and Alisa (the one girl, obviously). The other two our guys we hang out with often. Sorry to confuse you!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Abby said...

I also thought it was Eric Burdette :) Anyways, glad to hear you're relaxing a little and having some fun! Also glad to hear things are getting better at Americana and I loved the story about the kid at Americana, I had some recent funny stories about children I should share sometime. As far as the politicians, I am fed up as well!!! I really think you should sabotage her billboard!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home