Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Time Flies

I cannot believe Christmas is on Sunday! Time has gone by so fast. It seems like I was just going home for Thanksgiving! I am driving home tomorrow night after work. I will have my housemate Emily as company so the drive should not be too bad. Here are some things that have occupied my time lately:
*Saturday- I had an interesting dining experience at a local diner. I had some frickled pickles for the first and last time in my life (deep-fried pickles).
*Sunday - Emily and I played the prelude and offertory at church. We played "Lo How a Rose" for the prelude, Emily on violin and me on piano. Then I played alone for the offertory. It went well, especially since I did not have much practice time considering we don't have a piano (and I am really hoping we do before the year is up!) Sunday was a great church service. I definitely don't hear sermons like that when I go home which is unfortunate. They are great. And no banjos at home either.
*Monday - It was Alisa's birthday so we went out to "The Pub". It was an English pub that served Strongbow on tap! Those of you who I did not go to England with, it was the beer that me, Abby, and Reba loved and had every day! (and if Jo is reading this she is probably laughing at me). It tastes like cider. It is very yummy. Nothing like a pint of Strongbow. I did not know until recently that you could get it here in the States (thanks to a tip from an English friend).
*Tuesday - After work we had a staff holiday party over at Carrie's house (the assistant director). It was a lot of fun, complete with lots of delicious food and lots of wine. We played a fun game and then turned her living room into a dance floor and did some salsa. Did I mention my coworkers are great?

Work has been less stressful than last week since the big party is over, but still pretty busy. Although the kids are out of school, we are having "winter camp" for them. Only about 20-30 kids have shown up so it has been pretty manageable but as always there are a few moments of chaos. But the camp is done at 4 so I have been getting home earlier than usual which is nice. After the kids left today I put on my elf hat and visited the homes of three families whose kids did not show up for the party. I brought them all presents and they were all very excited. I had three good home visits in a row which made my day.

Well I haven't started packing yet so I should probably get to that. I hope to leave right after work so I want to be ready to go. I'll update again from good old Hilliard.

4 Comments:

At 5:00 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I hope your trip home is safe! See you soon!

 
At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

come to the party

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

and happy new year too

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Jo said...

I hate to say it but Stongbow is Cider its not beer!! ahahhah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home