Thursday, October 20, 2005

STOMP!


Last night we all saw Stomp at the Louisville Palace, which is very similar to the Ohio Theatre in Columbus. It was a great show!! Very entertaining. We actually paid for these tickets, but they were relatively cheap ($16). As you can see from the picture, me and Andrea put on our Stomp tattoos before the show (they gave them to us with our tickets). The show made me miss tap dancing. I started tapping around the kitchen in my cheap Payless heels when we got back. I plan on bringing my tap shoes back with me when I go home.

Oh yeah, I am going home this weekend. I thought I would be scheduled at Starbucks (for the first time here), but they changed store managers the other week! So when I talked to the new one, he did not know anything about me. The last time I talked to the manager, she said she had put me in the system and I would start being scheduled, but appearantly not. This guy sounds more organized so hopefully it works out, although we have been playing phone tag since Monday. All I want is to work once a week on Saturday or Sunday. It's not that hard! I hope to start soon. I could use the extra money to help pay for my cell phone bill and to save for that trip to Bangladesh. (I was very surprised to get a text messge from Reba this morning!) Long story short, since I don't have to work, I am taking this opportunity to go home. I have not seen my family or friends from home since I moved and I do miss them. Plus it was my dad's birthday last week, and my mom's next week, and my dad is paying for my gas! (or I probably wouldn't go). So their birthday present this year is me. I won't go home again until Thanksgiving.

Work has been good this week. Even though the kids drive me crazy sometimes, I really do like them. Oh, and the other computer that was stolen was returned! The person who gave it back had a long story that probably isn't true, but we have it now so that is good. And we have new locks and are limiting who gets keys (I don't even have them anymore and I am "facility manager"!) In not so happy news, my boss Edgardo has been out sick all week. He was supposed to go to Washington D.C. this past weekend to see about getting a grant for the center, but he wasn't able to. I think it might be serious. He has a very stressful job which is causing his health to suffer. He had a couple biopsies, but I don't know anything more than that. So keep him in your prayers.

6 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger abby said...

OH NO! Not Edgardo! I will definitly pray for him! and I was wondering...do your roommates read your blog or can we talk about them? lol

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Maria said...

Abby Mo,
lol..well I know Andrea reads my blog and I read her xanga, but I don't know about my other roommates. I don't think they read it..but they might..ever think about how many random people may be reading our blogs??

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger abby said...

ok, good to know. I know! It's creepy to think about all the people. Plus I don't want to be stupid and talk about people who read them. (Even though you guys talk about Robb. lol)

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Maria said...

lol..Hi Robb!!!

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Why didn't you text me back?

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Maria said...

I did text you back! You didn't get it? It said that it was sent successfully.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home