Sunday, October 30, 2005

Go Edgardo!

Well I know a few of you were curious to see a picture of my boss Edgardo, so here he is, along with Nedmija and Nermina, two of my coworkers at ACC. This past Thursday, Edgardo was presented with the "Art of Leadership" award, which he is holding in the picture. Every year, the Center for Non-Profit Excellence here in Louisville gives away five "pyramid" awards to non-profits at their annual conference. The only individual award given away is the leadership one, and Edgardo was the recipient this year. All the full-time employees got to attend the fancy luncheon they had for the occasion. ($50 a plate!) It was so nice eating at a banquet instead of serving one! And we had some delicious food (including cheesecake) and got to cheer on Edgardo as he received his award. I almost cried at his acceptance speech! Although I have only been working at Americana for two months, I have a lot of respect for him. It was nice to get out of the office for a couple of hours for this special occasion.

3 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger Abby said...

Oooh a fancy dinner, how fun!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I really like Edgardo, though I don't know him.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger abby said...

He looks so nice! I can barely imagine him yelling at the parking lot kids!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home