Monday, April 30, 2007

1/2 an MSSW

Yes that's right, I'm halfway to having a Masters in Science of Social Work. My semester finished up last Monday. Hard to believe how fast it went! In case you were wondering, I still have my 4.0 :) And not having to worry about school for almost four months is a glorious feeling. I need to enjoy this time while I have it. Not only do I not have to worry about school, I also can postpone worrying about the real world for a little bit because I still have one year of school left before I have to make the big decisions. What a good place to be. Today I worked at Americana from 8-4, and then I was done. That's right. Only an 8 hour day and no homework. I didn't know what to do with myself! I worked out (cardio salsa!), cooked, watched some Jeopardy, relaxed, now I'm blogging. This is so wonderful. This summer shall be good. For the month of May I will have 40+ hours a week at Americana because someone is on vacation the whole month, then I can have up to 33 hours per week for the rest of the summer. I think that should be enough for me so I won't get another job. In my spare time I shall work out (my housemates and I are joining the Y close to us), read for pleasure (I spent almost an hour tonight figuring out what books I want to read this summer), scrapbook, expand my cooking skills, get allergy shots twice a week (isn't that exciting?), take naps, go out, and spend time with friends. And I can't forget just sitting around doing nothing because I can. Really, I can't express how much all this excites me. Grad school really steals your life temporarily. But I still enjoyed it. I took a couple days off work this past week so I could have a 4 day weekend to rejuvinate myself after a crazy semester. I went home to Columbus and spent lots of time with family and friends. I got to spend a lot of time with Denise which was fun, and she took that picture of me by the way (she decided I needed new pictures for my MySpace). And my friend Becky got married this weekend. Weddings are always fun. I caught the boquet - again- ha ha. I think that makes 5. Still not married though!! Anyways, I had a great time and now I'm back in Louisville and life is good. And the Derby is this weekend!! Time flies. It will be a good time I am sure. Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, for some reason this stupid one won't let me have them so my blogs will just be one big ramble!

7 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Maria said...

oh yeah, if you have book suggestions please leave them here! Read any good books lately?

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Maria said...

or good movies, I haven't watched enough of those lately!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Abby said...

Maria, I'm so glad you have more spare time now. Take advantage of it while you can. Nice picture by the way!

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger abby said...

That reminds me...I CAUGHT A BOUQUET!!! My cousin got married and I was nearly the only one out there, but a bouquet is a bouquet! Robb was so embarrassed because everyone in the whole place looked at him. It was great!
As for books...I've been reading the Bible lately and it's a good one. Other than that Yochum and Rowe's 2 volume set of Diagnostic Imaging texts are all I've seen. Sorry!

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Look at that picture, you don't need to work out! Right now I'm reading, The Ground beneath her Feet, by Salman Rushdie. I've heard all his books are good. Harry Potter is coming in July, i can't wait, but i have no clue as to when it will come here - legally, i'm sure it will be pirated.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Laura said...

NIGHT by Ellie Wisle is really interesting. It tells about his life at the concentration camp at Auschwitz. He lived through it, then wrote this book. It isn't a happy book by any means, but I found it fascinating.

Also, I'm glad you have a nice summer break planned!

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Abby said...

I read an interesting book. Kind of boring, but really fascinating. I thought you might like it. It's a memoir by an autistic savant...it's called "Born on a Blue Day."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home