Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Warning: Randomness Ahead

I have a feeling this is going to be a random post of whatever pops into my head. So what has been going on in my life recently? (since it has been a whole week and a half since I posted last....)

1) My cell phone died today! And I hate how much it is bothering me. All the sudden it just won't do anything. After a very long day at the Americana I came home and plugged it in the charger to be greeted with the message "No Battery!". I didn't realize that was possible. I guess I need to get a new one tomorrow. I hope this is inexpensive. And that there is nothing else wrong. Seriously, not having a phone for a day should not be a big deal at all. But it is my only phone and without it, I want to call people more! And I am coming up with all these crazy scenarios of people really needing to get a hold of me, but they can't! Even if I used someone else's phone, I don't know anyone's number because they are all stored in my cell phone! I could call my parent's house. And Americana. That is about it. How sad. Remember the days when you had everyone's phone number memorized? What did we do before cell phones? At least I still have the internet. Then I would really feel cut off from the world. But I don't like that. Maybe we should go back to having no cell phones and no internet. It would make life simpler in some ways. But I would lose touch with a lot of people, and that is not good. Okay, enough with this rant.

2) I am finally feeling better! It took awhile, but I am back to normal. This has finally allowed me to get into the swing of things again, the whole balancing act I am trying to pull off between everything. This past month hasn't been too bad, but it has reached the point in the semester when I need to be studying and working on projects/papers more. Boo. I decided to take tonight off though. (after 12 hours at Americana I deserve it, right?)

3) I really respect the kids I work with. As I am building better relationships with them, and being more in a "social worker" role, I am learning a lot. They have been through things I cannot even imagine. It is amazing really. A lot more running through my mind about all of that, but this isn't the place for it!

4) My co-workers are fun.

5) I am now a Louisville Urban Corps board member. I go to my first meeting tomorrow night. Hopefully we can contiune this program and have participants next year.

6) Lost is returning next week! But I have a feeling the love/hate relationship is going to contiune.

7) Today I had the thought that I wish all I had to do was watch TV and play Wii. Ok, I could throw work into there, but once I come home from work, all I have to do is watch TV and play Wii. That would be the life. I don't have cable, but while I was sick I discovered there are quite a few good shows on network TV that I would be watching if I only had the time. sigh.

8) I hate insurance companies and Worker's Comp is really stupid.

9) Ok, I will explain that one a little more....I got a letter in the mail the other day that said while they will cover the treatment I have received at the second chiropractor, the treatment I received at the first place was deemed "not medically necessary" and therefore not covered. What the hell? Seriously. They treated me for the exact same problem and did the exact same thing! But they aren't in their network, although I was told they would pay for everything up to the point I learned this. Liars. And I am feeling better, so I can no longer be covered under worker's comp, although contiuned treatment would be highly beneficial for me. It has been a few weeks and I am feeling it. I am going next week, but I don't think it is covered. And I don't have the money to pay for it. And somehow I have to figure out how the first five weeks is going to be paid for (15 visits). I filed an appeal. They told me that decision will be final and I ended with a threatening "we'll see about that" and hung up. I'll keep you posted.

10) I am really thirsty right now.

11) I like Indian food now! I only had it once, which was two years ago. That was a bad experience (a lunch buffet followed by a back of the van ride and then vomiting). I avoided it since then. But this past weekend was a friend's birthday, and they were going out to an Indian restaurant, so I had to face my fears. But I loved it! Good stuff.

12) I am done with Taco Bell for life. Never again. It caused me to vomit Friday night. I was afraid for a little bit I had food poisoning. Maybe I will change my mind in a couple of years.

13) I found out the best secret the other day that has really made my life easier during this cold weather. That is all I can say.

14) Is it the weekend yet??

15) I am going home next weekend! I have to get a cavity filled (not fun), but it is a good excuse to take a Friday off work and go home for a three day weekend (and my mom's insurance will pay for it there, even better).

16) This needs to end. It is time for some posture pumping and bed.

17) Questions? Comments? Did anyone make it to the end?

5 Comments:

At 5:38 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

what is the secret about cold weather? not that i'll need again for another 11 months. cell phones are actually a good thing for development. here lots of people have mobiles where the land lines haven't gotten to. saves them time and money. how can you not love indian food? dosas may be my all time favorite food. i can't stand deceitful people. my plane ticket for thailand was supposedly a 2 for 1 deal. i thought i was paying 200, but i actually paid 400. and i probably won't get that $ back, because there aren't any legal laws about fraudulent business practices here.

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Maria said...

I love how your comment is as random as my post. And the secret that helps when it is cold outside really isn't helpful unless you attend the University of Louisville.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I made it to the end! I think I was the last person on earth to ever get my first cell phone (not until 10 months ago), and now I can't live without it. However, we don't have a landline either. Also, we tried to go without internet after we moved, but that didn't last long.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger abby said...

dang. I was hoping you had good advice about the weather. Its frigid here, but we don't have snow, so it's not even fun. I will hold back my rage at the healthcare (or shall I say SICKCARE) system in America for today...

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Abby said...

Hey now! Be nice, I feel obligated to defend the heatlhcare system since I do work at a hospital. Although I cannot deny it has it's problems. Enough said. This comment box isn't big enough...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home