Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I want to go back to the beach....


I had a lovely and relaxing vacation with my family. We actually took a year off from Hilton Head and went to the Smoky Mountains last year, so it was nice to return to the beach. I love the beach. I want to go back. I love this picture that I took of my sister. And I managed to get a pretty good tan, which you can see in the other pic. My days were spent laying out and swimming at the beach and pool, shopping, eating out, reading, bike riding, putt-putt golfing, and watching TLC. Who could ask for anything more? It was a good time. I enjoyed spending a week with my family and not working!

I returned to Louisville Saturday evening and didn't have to work Monday or today (obviously). How wonderful it is to come back from vacation just to get a four day weekend! And then I only have to work two days until I get another four day weekend! I took Friday and Monday off to make the trip to Pennsylvania to see Rebekah who is home briefly from Bangladesh. I can't wait to see her and everyone else who is making the trip. I wish everyone could come!

So it is really hot here. I guess I shouldn't complain too much because I am not in Bangladesh or Vietnam or somewhere like that. But it is still hot. And our air conditioning doesn't really work at all. Which is good for the environment...but makes for a very hot, sticky apartment. And there is no beach here. My housemates and I had to get out of the heat yesterday, so we discovered a public pool close to us that we can enter for only $2. Amazingly it was not crowded, but it was very, very dirty. However, it was refreshing and I can contiune my tan there, so I think I will be returning there often during the summer despite the ganky water. Ah, public pools.

I went to my first flea market Sunday. Alisa and I had thoughts of getting stuff for our new apartment. Instead I spent way too much money on DVDs. I now have five new movies and a season of Buffy. But they were so cheap! I guess that counts as entertainment for our new apartment.....I found the complete second season of Buffy for only $20!! (compared to the usual $50). So I convinced myself it was worth it. Right??

I hope everyone has a good holiday. We are heading to a barbeque soon and then maybe downtown to the fireworks at the riverfront if it is not storming. (hallelujah for the rain though - we needed it!)

5 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger abby said...

woah! Denise reminds me of ashley simpson for some reason. she looks so grown up!! yikes! I'm glad your trip to the beach was wonderful! I can't wait for our trip to PA. I haven't heard from Reba lately. I hope she can pick me up! lol oh well!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Maria said...

yeah I haven't heard from her lately either..I assume it is still okay for us to come! I haven't heard from Bridget lately either...hmmm...

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Abby said...

I only realized the first picture was you and Denise because I knew that it had to be, given it was your family vacation and I knew it wasn't your mom. Wow, she looks so much older! I feel old!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Laura said...

How old is Denise now? The two of you are really starting to look a lot more alike, I think. I remember when we started college, and she looked like a little girl. But, she is really maturing now.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Yeah, Denise is really mature.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home