Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Perpetrator

This is Juma. He is the reason I have had a headache for the past six days! Alright, so it was an accident - but it was Juma who threw the basketball that hit me in the back of the head (very hard I might add). He told me he was trying to pass to James, and I guess I got in the way. Ironically, about five minutes before this incident I had scolded them saying if they kept throwing the ball like that someone would get hurt. Looks like Ms. Maria was right! I have been pretty out of it this week. I was unable to go to work the day after due to a horrible headache, nausea, and an inability to get out of bed. Self-diagnosis: I have a concussion. I made it through work the rest of the week, but it wasn't easy. I was really hoping this headache and sore neck would be gone by now, but it was still there to greet me this morning. I was encouraged to go to the doctor mid-week by a few people, so I went yesterday afternoon and it was a complete waste of time! I figured a doctor wouldn't be able to do anything and I was right. I had to go to a different doctor and this guy wasn't personable at all. He didn't even tell me anything I should be doing to take care of myself! He said it was a "little worrisome" that I still have symptoms but he is 95% sure I am fine. He said I could have a CAT scan, but obviously I declined. So he wasn't helpful at all. I will just stick to getting plenty of rest and taking lots of pain killers. But this whole "taking it easy" thing is getting pretty boring. And it makes me angry that I have to feel like this just because a stupid basketball hit me in the head. This all could have been avoided!

Here's a little insight into the mind of Juma: http://www.xanga.com/liljuma I found this the other day - there is only one entry and I find it very amusing. Believe it or not, he is one of my favorites, although he went a little down on the list after the incident. I think it is hilarious that under his interests he lists "beating people up" followed by "curious george." (it is his favorite book to read - he once told me "I love that little monkey")

I was supposed to work with Cameron this morning, but his mom called to say he was sick. I am glad to get the chance to relax instead. I'm not sure I would have been up to the challenge anyways. (while he is usually pretty good for me, the past two sessions have been difficult) After lunch, we are heading up to Paoli for the weekend. We are going to stay in the same cabin we did for a retreat back in November. Then we are giving the sermon at the Mennonite church Sunday morning. The theme is "experiencing God in community"

3 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger abby said...

"liljuma" is quite the man! I hope he takes it easy on "taking you out" in the future! Good luck with your headache. *cough* chiropractic! *cough*

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Maria said...

how did I know that you would mention something about a chiropractor after reading this post? I almost wrote something in my blog directed to you b/c I knew you would comment! I probably could use one right now.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Wow! He seems very concerned about "taking people out." Hmmm...I'm so confused.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home