Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Busy Week

I just reread my last entry which said I was going to start studying for my online stats class, which I have yet to do at all. Last week and this past weekend flew by, with stuff going on every night. Here is a brief recap:
*Took some Americana kids (16 to be exact) to a Louisville Bats game one evening because we got free tickets (along with free hot dogs, which was good for everyone except the Muslim kids). I think they had a good time and enjoyed the chance to go on a field trip. I did not see one second of the game. And here is a really cool picture from that night (I think the cotton candy gives it an interesting effect)
*Saw Pirates of the Carribean 2 - dumb as I expected, but highly entertaining
*The LUC gave a few "performances" of what we put together for Paoli Mennonite about living in community. There was a slight glitch one night, but other than that, all was well :)
*Friday night we had a "going away" party which included lots of cake and good company
*Saturday was my last day with Cameron (the autistic kid I have been working with for about six months now). I decided it would be too much of a commitment while in grad school full-time and working part-time, even though it is just once a week on the weekends. But that is 3 hours I could be doing something else such as grocery shopping, sleeping, or having a social life. The mom was real nice about it though and said if I ever have time to give her a call. I did enjoy it, so maybe I will continue to work with him every once and awhile. Talk about a flexible schedule!
*Chad came to visit Saturday and Sunday. This makes his third time to Louisville! (does that inspire anyone who has yet to visit?) The main reason of his visit was to say goodbye to Keith
*Sunday we all made it up to Paoli because Keith decided to become a Mennonite! He gave the "sermon" which I enjoyed. And as always we were invited for lunch where we were fed too much food and got to enjoy some time in the woods. Sunday evening was a surprise party for Chiayim's 16th birthday (someone from our church). I must say it was the most well thought out surprise party I have ever attended and I believe he was truly surprised.
*Yesterday we were able to take the kids to the pool for the summer program which they were thrilled about. They used to go three times a week in past summers. We only got to take them once. And boy were they crazy. But it was fun. And I was thrown in the pool with my clothes on by a few boys. (luckily I was smart enough to wear my bathingsuit under my clothes)
*Last night was the final evening with all six of the LUC. We went out to eat at the first restaurant we all ate at during orientation. Awwww...So yeah, Keith left this afternoon. He had to leave the program early because he will be leaving for Germany this coming Monday for another year of service with the InterMenno program. The rest of us still have three weeks left, but it will be weird without him.....I think I will do a separate post now to split things up.

2 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger abby said...

Wow!!

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Chad should visit Keith in Germany.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home