Wednesday, March 22, 2006

St. Patty's Day, more visitors, & future plans


This is a picture of my housemate Keith & I on St. Patrick's Day. This is before I decided to put green dye in my beer which stained my lips green. Notice my nice hat which I received in London last year. Great memories! I was chased by a homeless man wearing this hat. Remember that Reba?? Anyways, we had some people over for a party at our place on St. Patty's Day. My housemate Katie went all out and made corn beef, potatoes, cabbage, and other Irish food. It was a good time. I left the party a little early with some of my coworkers/friends to go out dancing which is always a fun time.

On Saturday afternoon my parents & sister arrived. It was nice to have them here. They hadn't been here since they moved me in back in August, and they didn't see any of the city then. They stayed until Tuesday morning (my parents in a hotel, Denise on my floor - it is her spring break). It was a nice visit and it was fun to show them around and see what my life is like here. Unfortunately my dad wasn't feeling too well. My mom and sister came to the after-school program on Monday. My mom was busy the whole time helping kids with homework and Denise helped some too. They both enjoyed it and I was glad they got a taste of what I deal with every day! And I think it was good for Denise to interact with kids not as privileged as she is! Of course all the boys loved her. I must say I am still a little uncomfortable hearing boys say my little sister is hot. I don't like it at all! She's only 12!! Several of them wanted to ask her out and this one boy has been bugging me for her phone number the past couple of days. Craziness. Yeah, I don't want to repeat some of the comments I have heard regarding my baby sister!

I got my acceptance letter for the Master of Social Work Program at Ohio State yesterday. I haven't heard back from the Univeristy of Louisville yet, but I think it is safe to assume I am accepted there as well. Ohio State says I have to decide by May 1 and I am assuming U of L will be similar. So looks like I have a little over a month to decide. I don't know anything about financial aid or scholarships yet, which could possibly influence my decision. But as of now I would say I am most likely staying here. I would have someone to live with (Alisa) and I really do love where I work and want to be involved there for more than just a year. Of course moving back to Columbus and being by my family and friends again wouldn't be horrible either. Ah, decisions, decisions....

5 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Chadd said...

A professional degree, oh joy! Congrats, Blah! I'm quite excited for you. You'll have to email Mary Ann and tell her you've been accepted by her dear alma mater. I can hear her now, "Oh Mareeeah, you bayatch!"

You should get Denise hooked up!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Abby said...

Good luck with your future plan decisions, I know how difficult those can be! You'll make Derek very proud if you go to OSU :)

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

That scary man still gives me nightmares! Congratulations, you'll have a doctorate in no time.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Congratulations on your acceptance! Good luck on your decision!

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger abby said...

Aww.. great hat!! Was that strongbow in your hand??? Dang - that whole "no alcohol for lent" idea isn't seeming so fun right now. I'm glad your family got to visit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home