Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Return of Chad and Joel



That's right, Chad and Joel made another trip to Louisville this weekend for a visit. So for all my friends who have yet to make it, they have been here twice! I think my housemates enjoy their company. In the picture of all of us, I am holding up a picture of Reba again, but it's a little hard to see. (we miss you!) So obviously I had an enjoyable weekend! They arrived Friday afternoon, right as the kids start arriving for the after-school program (remember I live in the same building I work). I went out to greet them in the parking lot (with a hug) and then let them into my apartment. I guess a couple of kids saw, so the new rumor going around is that Ms. Maria has two boyfriends, and Said added that I also cheat on them in front of eachother. After a mostly enjoyable "Fun Friday" at work, the weekend began. Friday was Katie's birthday, so we all went out to dinner at a Thai restaurant. It was delicious! Saturday Chad, Joel, and I went to dinner at the Vietnam Kitchen, one of my favorites. We decided to walk because it finally stopped raining, and on the way I ran into several of the kids I work with. The rumors will still be flying tomorrow! Kids are funny. Saturday evening we went to the goatwalker at Jeff Street, and then headed to a yoga party at our friend Brian's house. That's right a yoga party. Every ten minutes or so we would all stop to do a yoga pose and see who could hold it the longest. I discovered that I can still hold a headstand for quite awhile! (not exactly yoga, but I threw it in). Once everyone was sick of yoga, it turned into a dance party. It was a fun night. In Joel's words, "well that was a very interesting party." Hopefully I will be able to post a couple pictures from it soon. And I am a little sore today. Chad & Joel departed after a wonderful church service and an enjoyable lunch at the Santa Fe Grill. I am not used to eating out so much - my stomach and wallet need a break. The rest of today was spent relaxing, reading, and cleaning. It was a great weekend.

Book & Movie Suggestions: I watched some great movies this past week. In my opinion, "Walk the Line" and "Constant Gardener" are must-sees. Especially the second one. We also ended up watching this German movie called "The Edukators" yesterday. If you like foregin films, this is a good one. And I think everyone should read "The Heart of Christianity" by Marcus Borg. We are reading it for our seminar. We are only a couple chapeters in, but so far I think it is fabulous. We had a great discussion this past Friday (I think having seminar at a coffee shop instead of our living room helped with this, I was actually awake). I am also currently reading "The Poisonwood Bible". Another great one. Isn't it great to not be in school and have time to watch movies and read for pleasure?? (well for those of you who aren't in school that is!)

7 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My idea of reading for fun right now is to read for criminal law becuase the cases are more interesting than contracts. Fun huh?

I think I might start another online journal because I need something to do that will release some stress, and I think Toby is tired of hearing me bitch about law school. Do you think I should do a xanga or a blog?

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Maria said...

a blog! I like them better, and it is a lot easier to put pictures up

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Abby said...

First of all, Maria, good story. It sounds like you live in an exciting neighborhood, although I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. Plus I'm glad Chad and Joel could come visit you. I appologize that I cannot come to visit, but I barely find time (and Derek doesn't get weekends off) to visit our family. :( And I wanted to say that I love "Walk the Line" and I also read "The Poisonwood Bible" which is wonderful!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I am sitting here trying to figure out if I am "in school" or not. Either way, I haven't had time to read for pleasure since I teach 2 different reading classes. So, I've read a lot, but it has been the material I am teaching my students. Therefore, I recommend the "Holt: Elements of Literature" textbooks, Where the Red Fern Grows, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Summer of My German Soldier, and The House of Dies Drear. My plan is to read non-school related books between my feedings for the baby. We'll see how that goes :)

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

I'll visit soon in bodily form.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Maria said...

How soon??

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger abby said...

Chad and Joel are great! ...and a yoga party?? OK - I'm definitly coming to visit now!! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home