Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hooray for Figure Skating



I guess it is time for an update. I don't want to let you down as the most consistent blogger. I am currently watching the women's free skate, hence the title. I have enjoyed watching the Olympics the past two weeks. Thanksfully NBC is our most clear channel! I feel like I have been really busy lately, so what have I been up to? Hmmm...the blurry picture is of me doing the "Macarena" in the middle of a Starbucks. My housemate Andrea had a concert there this past Saturday (she is a very talented singer/songwriter/guitair player, in case you were wondering). One of her songs was a pop medley. She used the Macarena as the chorus, and I stood up and danced along with it, however no one else decided to join me. Some other fun events from the past weekend: We saw a very amusing play called "Bad Dates" which was a one woman show, and of course, free for us. I took my "little sister" to see the movie "Curious George" (very cute). And, I went to a "classy" party with Alisa which was a fun excuse to dress up and have a good time.

So, what else is new? Oh yeah, I have a job! One that will pay me money! (just a little extra on the side) One week ago from today I met with the mom of a 7 year old son with autism. I made this connection through a lady from church. His name is Cameron, but I did not get to meet him because he was at school. He is the exact same age as Will, and looked very cute from his picture. No one can replace Will, but I think I will enjoy this job. And the therapy I will do and a lot of his behaviors are almost eerily similar to Will! (from what the mom described at least, I still haven't met him). I was supposed to meet with another one of his therapists this past Saturday to get trained on his programs, but Cameron was sick so it did not happen. I am going to go this Saturday though. And after that, I will come for 2-3 hours every weekend. So it's the perfect job for me. Very flexible (I can come whenever I want) and not a lot of time committment. And good pay.

Well that's all for now. I am going to pay more attention to the Olympics now. Oh yeah, one more update. So Salim, one of the boys who I had suspended and then randomly moved to Texas, called the center yesterday to talk to me. At first he was very angry and told me I am the reason he moved! (which I find amusing). But then he ended up apologizing and said he misses us all and hopes to come back and visit. What an intersting kid that one is! But I have to admit, life is a little easier at work without the hassles of him and his friend.

3 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger Abby said...

Congrats on the new job! It's so nice to get paid for doing something you enjoy!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I enjoyed the picture. The thought of your spontanaity makes me miss you and all the Bluffton girls.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger abby said...

Aww..I miss seeing you dance...and sing...particularly to "I like big butts" at the pub. I'm glad you got a new job! I should probably look into that too. I do sort of like the fact that if I don't I won't have to file taxes next year though (no income = no income tax)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home