Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!


Andrea said I should put this picture on my blog, so here you go. I had a fun Valentine's Day. I really think it is a stupid holiday, but I guess it can be fun. I wore red & pink, ate lots of chocolate, got some valentines, and went out to dinner with eight other single, beautiful ladies! (my housemates and some co-workers). We went to August Moon, a Chinese restaurant that was able to take a last minute reservation. It was very good, but nothing can compare to P.F. Chang's in my mind. And I got two unexpected roses today. One from August Moon (they gave every customer a rose) and one from Randy, the computer guy at work. He gave a red rose to all his female co-workers, which was sweet of him. Today we passed out the valentines the kids made on Friday. My favorite valentine was from Gesma. She made one for all the staff which said, "You are the nice staff I never seen." How cute.

Work will be a little extra stressful the next couple weeks which I am not particularly looking forward to. I unexpectedly found out today that it was one of the staff's last day (Keyonn for those who met him). So the after-school staff will be stretched even thinner for the next couple weeks until they hire someone to replace him. They are actually going to hire two part-time people instead of one full-time (which he was), so that should be good. I hope they can find good people. It takes a special type of person to do this job!! And if that wasn't enough, I found out Sarah is leaving us too! I will miss her. She is going to wait until they find a replacement. So three new people. They will just be thrown into the thick of things. Hope they can handle it!

This past weekend was good. We went to a church retreat, for Paoli Mennonite. Their congregation basically started this program here. It was nice to get to know some of them better. We have only been to church there a couple times since it is an hour away. The retreat was closer though, just over the river in Indiana at a Catholic retreat center. It was a nice place. Unfortunately I was still not feeling well, but luckily a few doctors go to this church and one of them took me to the pharmacy so I could get new antibiotics (the first ones did not do the job). So by Sunday I was feeling better. And I didn't have go to a doctor's office! I would say the highlight of the retreat was the hymn sing from the Mennonite hymnal, in a Catholic chapel with great acoustics. I miss those hymns! And before that, they had a talent show. Click on the following link to hear some of my oh so talented housemates performig a bluegrass medley!http://www.clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=0318332F1B01D269

Oh, and before we left for the retreat on Saturday, Andrea and I stopped by our "littles" house for cake and icecream because it was my little sister's birthday. She turned 8. I got her two presents from the dollar store and she absolutely adored them. I love easy to please kids! She is so cute. Although after every present she opened she kept saying "mine, mine, mine" and immediately hid them in her room. Her chanting reminded me of the pelicans from "Finding Nemo." We should take them out again soon. They come from an interesting family. That's all I will say about that.

3 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Good luck at work! I'm glad you had a happy Valentine's Day.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Suzanna said...

Sorry I haven't called you back...it's been crazy! Glad to hear you're having fun and had a good Valentines Day!!

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

You look sophisticated! Thanks for for the emails.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home