Thursday, November 03, 2005

Proposals

To the left is Salim. Today he asked me to marry him. To the right is Muya Muya. Today, he asked me if he could kiss me goodbye. I turned them both down. I guess I am supposed to have a talk with them about how this behavior is inappropriate. Salim also calls me his "favorite woman in the world." They both give me a hug every day and I am beginning to think I should stop this behavior. So you teachers out there, what is the policy about hugging kids? Here the rules are that we never initiate it and we are the first to let go. Should I refuse boys that have crushes on me hugs? I'm not quite sure what I think about this matter. I don't mind giving them hugs, especially since I know Muya's dad is dying, so he obviously is going through a tough time. But they take it too far sometimes. Oh yeah, they are both 14 in case anyone is wondering. So far the only people hitting on me here in Louisville are much younger or much older than me.

3 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Abby said...

Once again, if you weren't so hot and sexy this wouldn't happen.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger abby said...

I agree with Abby! Seriously - they are 14 - your DD's have got to be at eye level to them - how can they resist! lol. Good luck!!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Dr. Metz always said at Bluffton that the only fairly safe place to touch a student is on the elbow. He said anything else could cost us our job if the student would take it wrong. Also, we were told if students try to touch or hug us as teachers to let them know that we appreciate their kindness, but that we cannot accept their hugs. We're supposed to politely ask them to stop hugging us and act as though we have an issue with personal space. Let them know about the personal space bubble around you and that you would not like it broken.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home