Sunday, October 30, 2005

Jeff Street Retreat

This weekend we went to the Jeff Street church retreat, which is the church we have been attending regularly. Two of my housemates were unable to attend because they were out of town. In the picture is me, Katie, Emily G., Alisa, and Emily B. (who is not one of my roommates, but she was in the program last year and still lives in Louisville). The five of us shared a room. The retreat was somewhere in Kentucky about a half an hour away. We arrived Saturday for lunch followed by free time. We walked through the woods and enjoyed the beautiful fall weather. There was a talent show in the evening (two talent shows in a row for me). I was so disappointed that there was a piano and I had no music with me, or I might have played. Since I have barely played the last two months, I have lost all the memorization of pieces that I had. The talent show was interesting. It consisted of cute kids singing or playing an instrument and adults doing skits. Most of the skits were very political (did I mention this is a liberal church?) One was titled "Desperate White House Wives". After the show we had a bonfire and smores. Today we woke up early for breakfast and afterwards spent an hour entertaining all the kids while the adults did their own activities (we did not have to pay for our room in exchange for this, so it was a good deal). After worship and lunch, we headed home. I really like this church and I now feel like I am getting to know people. And the kids are so cute! One interesting thing that I heard mentioned during the retreat is that because the church includes everyone, it automatically excludes people who are not comfortable with this. It is kind of a catch 22. There really is no way to include everyone, but I think they do a good job trying. Anyways, it was a good weekend!

1 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger Laura said...

How pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home