Sunday, July 08, 2007

Still Enjoying Summer....and a trip to St. Louis







As the title says, I am still enjoying my summer. One wonderful thing about no school is the ability to take weekend road trips without any stress. My friend Kim had a wedding to go to near St. Louis (a couple hours out) and I wanted to go to St. Louis to visit Abby, so we made the trip together. She drove down to Louisville and then on to St. Louis. It was my first time there and I had a great time. Long car rides are so much more enjoyable with someone to talk to along the way! Especially a good friend you don't get to see all the time. And of course it was great to see Abby (and Robb as well). Since it was my first time, we had to do some of the touristy things, like travel to the top of the arch. We also attempted to get a tour of the Budweiser brewery, but it was pretty crowded with a long wait (much like the arch). Instead, we admired all the beer and then decided to be rebels and sneak in the room at the end of tour where you get the free beer. So we enjoyed that without the hour long tour. I must say, the pomegranate-raspberry Michelob Ultra is very tasty. After a fun and much too quick weekend, I am back in Louisville.
Not much to update on other than St. Louis. And I really am not looking forward to going back to school. I still have a month and a half so I shouldn't worry yet, but it is going to be hard to get back into that crazy routine. This summer seems to be moving along much too quickly. I am enjoying my freedom while I have it. I love having time to exercise regularly, go out, spend time with friends, etc. The Americana staff has been gathering at Edgardo's house the past couple of Thursdays for lots of delicious food and just hanging out. I have also been able to go to the Wednesday night dinners at my church for the first time since I've moved here which has been nice. I've also made it to the track a couple times since Derby. $2 to get in and $1.50 beers fits in my budget, unlike Derby day. Unfortunately I haven't made any money, but my housemate made a good amount the other week. Dan, Alisa and I spent our 4th of July at the track and skipped out on the traditional BBQ and fireworks. I got enough fireworks at Thunder over Louisville.
Oh yeah, I do have another update. My housemate Alisa recently decided to move to Baltimore after our lease is up August 15th. So....I'm not too sure what my living situation will be after that. I'm trying not to worry about it, what happens will happen, but I really don't want to move, but that might have to happen. There are a few possibilities, but who knows. I guess I have a month to figure all that out. If I end up moving it's not the end of the world, but did I mention how much I loathe moving? And I am happy where I am, don't really want to leave. So we'll see. I'll keep you posted. It's also very sad that another friend is leaving Louisville! They all need to come back.
And one more thing...I am very excited about the upcoming Harry Potter movie and book!! Yes I am a dork, and yes I am going to the midnight showing this Tuesday although I will have to be at work at 8 a.m. on Wednesday.
Stay tuned for my upcoming post "A Typical Day in the life of Maria". Abby and I devised this plan to show why we don't blog as much anymore.

5 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Abby said...

Maria,
Will you still be friends with me if I tell you that I still have not seen or read any of the Harry Potter movies/books....I figure that makes me a big dork or extremely resistent to peer pressure. I'm not sure which one.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I went to the drive-in to watch one of the Harry Potter movies a year or more ago, and I fell asleep. So, I too, have not read or seen any of them.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Keith said...

HAH, Dork.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Suzanna said...

Hey! Sorry I've been away from the blog for so long...things just got crazy with the wedding and the move and I just never made it on here! I'm so glad you're enjoying your summer - you definetely deserve a nice break! I was going to take the summer off, but am teaching summer school instead - oh well! Talk you soon!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Maria said...

Finally, a comment that doesn't have to do with Harry Potter! And it's ok, I can still be friends with people who aren't into Harry Potter...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home