Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Next Chapter of Life in Louisville


This is a cute picture I took of my sister while I was home, and is completely unrelated to this post. Just thought I would share.

After dumping all my stuff into my new apartment (thanks to my gracious "host dad" Dave and his truck), spending one last night in the convent, and saying too many goodbyes, I left Louisville to spend a few days at home with my family. Katie looked on as I drove away with tears in her eyes. I was already crying on the inside, and this just made me lose it. It was hard to leave this great year behind, but now on to the next chapter of life in Louisville.

I had a nice time at "home" these past few days and time went much too quickly. I go back to Kentucky tomorrow morning. My family is coming along to help me move a few things from here. It will be weird to not return to the convent, but to my new apartment in Old Louisville instead. I really like the apartment, although it was not the easiest place to move into (lots of steep, narrow, and twisting stairs). Thankfully that part is mostly over, but I have a lot of unpacking to do tomorrow. I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but to refresh your memory, I have two housemates now. Alisa who I lived with this past year, and Dan who we met at church. I'm sure we'll have a good time. Although it doesn't seem like I will be spending too much time there!

I am a little nervous to start school again on Monday, but excited too. I will just have to get back into that whole routine of studying and writing papers and being stressed out. And I will be working more than I have ever been before while attending school, so I hope that all works out.

I should get some sleep because tomorrow will be a long day. And then I have orientation on Friday all day, starting at 8 a.m. Yeah, something else I will need to get used to, the whole waking up early thing. I have to be at work at 8 a.m. two days a week and I can no longer simply walk downstairs to get there! I will miss that convenience, but it will also be great not to live where I work so I can really get away. Another thing I will miss from the old place - having a sink in my room! That was so extremely convenient. Now I will have to walk downstairs to our only bathroom. That's the only thing I would change about the apartment - a bathroom on the same floor as the bedrooms. Not really a big deal though (but annoying for people like me). And one more thing I will NOT miss from the convent - all the people hanging out doing lord knows what in the parking lot! I don't have to deal with that anymore and feel like I should be calling the police or Edgardo or someone. Yeah!!!

3 Comments:

At 3:24 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Your sister is hot, maybe I'll get to see this apartment...someday!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Your sister looks all grown up! I hope that your school is not stressful :( That was the yucky part of college.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger abby said...

Wow - Denise is a hottie. You'd better lock that girl up before she gets into trouble!! Good luck with school - you'll be great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home