Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It's Getting Hot in Here....

I went home this past weekend because Vicki's bridal shower was on Sunday. I think it went well. I planned the games and they were fun I think. It has been quite awhile since I have seen so many of my friends from home all in one place, so that was good. And my bridesmaid dress was approved! (I found it in Hilton Head at a Gap outlet for only $27.99!) Her wedding isn't until December, but it is nice to have that out of the way. Especially since I will no doubt be very busy once grad school starts in less than three weeks. Anyways, it was overall a great weekend. There were a couple instances I could have done without, but all in all, I had a good time. I am getting tired of the three and a half hour drive though. I was falling asleep on the way back here yesterday morning.

Things have calmed down here quite a bit. I went from feeling really busy, to not having much to do which is nice and relaxing. One reason for this is the summer program at work ended last Thursday. We ended with a traditional booty-shaking talent show and party. It was extremely amusing as always. Gotta love those kids. It's hard to believe how fast this summer has gone and that the summer program is already over! It feels like just yesterday we were having meeting after meeting to figure out if we could even have one. So work without four hours of kids is quite different. I still have stuff to do though, in case you were worried. But it is a nice break. The after-school program will begin next month sometime. Although I am no longer running around the building at work, I have been exhausted when I return home. I blame this on the ridiculous heat! And our air conditioning seems to not be doing much again. I could barely watch a two hour movie because the room with our TV is sooooooooo hot. I was sweating just sitting there! So yeah I have done nothing much the past two nights which is new. And I started working on my online stats class finally. I should get out of the house tomorrow though. Particulary to somewhere there is air conditioning....or a pool.....or something....

Did I mention it is hot in here???

Oh and I should definitely enjoy this time of not being busy. I set my schedule last week of work, class, and practicum. Let's just say I will not be spending much time in my new apartment. 20 hours of work (paid, which is a new concept for me!), 16 hours of practicum time for credit, and four classes. And fit studying and having a life in there as well. Hope I adjust to the new schedule well! Wish me luck.

Soooooooooooooooo HOT!!

4 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Abby said...

Well, it sounds like things are going very well for you, despite being super busy and super hot. I too am fed up with the heat, I'm looking forward to tomorrow, it's supposed to be in the 80s here! LOL That sounds nice about now. Good luck with grad school, Derek starts here in a month or so, so I know what a commitment it is, luckily it's not me...at least not for now...

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Well, for a change I am not hot. I am in the nice air conditioned MCC office in Dhaka. Which is good because I'm getting a painful rash on my bottom from being sweaty and hot in the Mymensingh office.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger abby said...

aww! Reba - I how your "bottom" feels better soon!
Maria - Live it up while you can - break is a beautiful thing that doesn't occur nearly often enough!

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, I look A) super pale and B) super fat next to you. I really need to get a tan before the wedding or I'm not going to show up in the pictures. Oh, Toby and I watched V for Vendetta last night and I think you'd really like it if you haven't already seen it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home