Monday, August 07, 2006

Last Weekend in the Convent

This Friday is the last day of the program, therefore this past weekend was the last in the convent with the remaining LUC. And not much time was spent there (which is great since due to this "oppressive" heat). Well every post needs a picture and I don't have any of my own from this past weekend, so I stole this awesome picture from Ian's website of our campfire. We went camping Friday after work at Otter Creek Park with our good friends Kate and Ian. I believe this is only the third time I have actually gone camping, as in sleeping in a tent, my whole life. And it was a great time! Amazingly I only got one mosquito bite and my allergies did not act up. Although sleeping on the ground was a bit uncomfortable. We were only 25 miles away from the city, but it felt much further and it was great. We ate lots of great food, lounged around, and swam in a creek. And we had perfect weather. As I said, good times. Just what camping should be, nice and relaxing.

I did not stay a second night in order to attend two going away parties. First to Brian's barbeque where I managed to get about 30 mosquito bites because I forgot to put on bug spray. Then I met up with Shavaun and her friends at Fourth Street Live to celebrate her departure. I will really miss both of these great people. It's sad that good friends I have made outside of the house are also leaving me! Then last night my host family took me out to dinner and then to the musical "Cinderella" which was a lot of fun.

So I have to say a lot more goodbyes this week, which is sad. It hasn't quite sunk in that this is the last week. And can I just say how much I HATE moving! Seriously, I loathe the whole process. I will move all my stuff into my new apartment at the end of this week, then go home to Columbus for a few days. Then back here to finish moving and getting settled in the new place before my crazy new schedule of work, class, and practicum begins on the 21st. As I've said before, it's been a great year and I will miss it. I expect grad school will be a good time as well, although not as relaxing and a little more stressful!

3 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Abby said...

I am so impressed that you went camping! sounds like fun. Good luck with all of the big changes ahead of you!!!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I hope grad school goes well!

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger abby said...

Ahhh moving! I dread it too. But it sounds like you'll still be with great people and you get to go back to school, which is always exciting. (OK, so I'm a nerd. I can accept it.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home