Monday, January 09, 2006

Not Much To Say

I had a good weekend, but it was pretty uneventful. Friday night was fun. We invited a couple people over and had our first "game night -huh!" (don't ask). It consisted of cheap wine and some rowdy games of Apples to Apples and Dutch Blitz, and a not so rowdy game of Scrabble. My throat hurt the next morning because of all the yelling I did defending my card during Apples to Apples (if you have never played this game you should). Saturday was Andrea and I's first outing with our "littles", who can be seen in the picture. We took them to Art Sparks at the Speed Art Museum. It was a really neat place and they enjoyed it a lot. I had a good time. I am glad we decided to do this program. As we were leaving my "little sister" Krissy said, "well that was absolutely fun." It was cute (she's the one in the back by the way). And Denise if you are reading this, I am not replacing you :) Sunday we went to chuch and then I had a day full of rest and relaxation which was wonderful. Today the after-school program started back up at work and it went smoothly and was actually pretty low-key.

Updates: I received a $20 gift card in the mail today from that hair salon because of my last visit :) After I styled my hair myself and realized I like it, I felt pretty stupid about that whole incident. But I got 20 bucks out of it, so oh well! It was their fault (well really Becky's) that I didn't get the stylist I wanted, so I guess I deserve it huh?
Also, I have heard mostly positive reactions from our article in the paper, which was a surprise to me. But I guess from an outside perspective it doesn't sound so bad. I still think it is poorly written and do not like what she says about me. I just reread it to make sure I don't like it, and yup, still don't. Edgardo found out about the article and passed it around at the staff meeting today. Boy was I glad about that (sarcasm). So the first five minutes of the meeting was everyone joking with me about how my job makes me want to cry. I could tell Edgardo was not particularly pleased with the article, but he wasn't angry either, so that is good.

I took Abby Mo's suggestion and started reading "A Beginner's Guide to Changing the World" by Isabel Losada. What a great book! It is informative, funny, and inspirational. I think everyone should read it. I am almost done. I should finish it tonight because it needs to go back to the library (it is overdue and non-renewable). Other great books I have read lately: "Cry the Beloved Country" by Alan Paton, "Gracias" by Henri Nouwen, "Choosing Against War" by John Roth and of course Mr. Merton's "Seven Storey Mountain". I would recommend all of these, if you have some spare time to read! Well I guess I did have some stuff to say. Until next time....

5 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Your little sisters are very cute!

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should read "memoirs of a geisha" too...that book is fantastic :)

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Abby said...

Thanks for the book ideas. I think I might read that first one! (Whenever I find the time!) Enjoy your time with Big Brothers/Big Sisters. I really liked it at Bluffton!

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger abby said...

I totally agree about Memoirs of a Geisha. You have become QUITE the READER!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger abby said...

P.S. Your little sisters are soo cute! I can't beleive they are in the program. How could you neglect someone that cute! does she have a real family?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home