Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Apprentice


One of the contestants from the new season of "The Apprentice", which premiered tonight, is from Louisville. If you happened to watch it, he was the one that got to the helicopter first. Anyways, they had a "red carpet" premiere party for him downtown at the Lucky Strike. It is a bar/bowling alley. It was a pretty nice place. Definitely the nicest bowling alley I've ever seen! The party was "invitation only." This consisted of the guy at the front door saying "This is a private party, were you invited?" We weren't lying when we said yes though. The director of South Louisville Community Ministries (where a couple of my roommates work) had some sort of connection, so we got our names on the list, although they didn't seem to check it. Just me, Emily, and Andrea went, and we met a couple girls who were in the program last year and still live in Louisville. It was a fun night. We got our picture taken with Mark, as you can see. He was a nice guy. I doubt he will be the winner, but he did say "you'll be seeing me for awhile." So maybe he makes it pretty far. I have never watched "The Apprentice" before. Maybe I'll watch a couple episodes this season. Oh yeah, we also got free autographed copies of his book, "Millionaire's Roadmap." It's a financial planning book for those about to enter retirement. How exciting! We heard that if he ends up winning, he would take a 40% pay cut. So it sounds like he is pretty successful here in Louisville. Well that's all for now!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. If you look at my roommate Andrea's Xanga, which I have linked on my site, you can see a video she made of our "flat." It's on her entry from Wednesday of this week. It's just a quick two minute tour, including a cameo by me. So check it out if you are interested!

4 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, Blogger Jo said...

hey maria, your blog has gone back to normal all your links etc are at top of page!!! hooray

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Abby said...

She's right, it is back to normal! Except the weirdos talking about bear chases and pot busts...but oh well! I watched the Apprentice and saw him...how cool!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Maria said...

Hooray! My blog is back to normal! I didn't do anything, it just magically fixed itself. Weird. I decided to delete the weird comment about bear chases and pot busts, sorry to those who didn't get to read it!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Laura said...

THE APPRENTICE ROCKS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home