Tuesday, August 21, 2007

KaBOOM!











I don't think I mentioned on here that Americana got a new playground! It was very exciting. We got a grant from a nonprofit organization that builds playgrounds all across the country. It was funded by Home Depot. It was all built in a period of about 6 hours by around 200 volunteers. On one of the hottest days of the summer, I think it hit 103 that day (it was August 9th). What a day that was. All the Americana staff put in long hours that day and started off very early (6:30 a.m.). I can't even describe how exhausted I was at the end of the day (and I didn't even do that much physical labor). That is what spending 10 hours either in the hot sun or the hot kitchen will do to you (I think the kitchen was hotter than outside). I took so many pictures that day - here are a few.

2 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I'm sure the kids love this!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

These blogs are KABOOM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home