Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A much needed update!

I always think that I should blog, but never do. Today Louisville had a rare snow/ice storm, so I was able to work from home for my practicum and my real job was closed for the day (and they closed early yesterday too). Since I had this rare amount of unscheduled time, I decided I should do two things for sure (1) take a nap and (2) update my blog. So here you go. Isn't my life exciting :) I also was also pretty productive for a good portion of the day, despite suffering from my second cold of the season. I have been eating healthier, I excercise, I get enough sleep, I go to the chiropractor, I get weekly allergy shots...why am I still getting sick? And although my schedule is still busy, I am far less stressed compared to the previous three semesters. Maybe because it is my last semester and I have a) stopped caring slightly and b) have finally figured out how to successfully balance everything. I can't believe I graduate in May, it is going to come fast. Especially with a two week trip to Germany in there! (I will be gone March 1-16). I am very excited for the trip. As for life after graduation, haven't really started worrying about that yet, I figure it will all come into place, just as it always does. I plan on working at Americana through the summer, and that is when I will do some serious job searching and such. I figured I do not need to add the stress of a job search on top of everything else I am doing right now. I know that Americana is an option (which is why there is no need to worry/rush), but it depends on what the offer is (obviously my job duties will change since I will have a master's in social work!) I will most likely also look for jobs in Columbus. I am really debating between Columbus and Louisville. I love it here, but I also like Columbus and obviously my family is there, as well as being closer to a lot of good friends. Decisions, decisions....If I ended up leaving here, there would be a lot of things I would miss, including my church and my job (especially the kids...) Could I just move those things to Columbus? I honestly don't know yet what I will end up deciding, I say both chances are equal right now. Only time will tell!

7 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I know my vote doesn't really count for much, but my vote is always for Columbus. Then you'd be closer to me and I would have more of an argument to convince Toby to move closer to Columbus.

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Kendra needs her mentor!!! I was counting on her mentor to teach her to drive! (just kidding. That's Shawn's job.) I want you to stay here for many many reasons. If you don't, we've all been blessed to have you for a while. sue

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Abby said...

I hate major life decisions, so I feel your pain. Good luck. Just do whatever is best for you...ignore everyone else :) I've learned you can never make everyone happy!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger abby said...

Maria,
I forgive you for missing our wedding. That's OK though. I'm sure we will see each other sometime soon. You are Reba should come to St. Louis this summer. Robb and I will be moving to Oregon over Christmas, so this will be our last chance to see each other without flying. boo!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Abby said...

Abby Mo-You're moving to Oregon? Did I miss this or did you neglect to mention that before?

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Good luck with your decision! Have fun in Germany!

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger abby said...

Maria,
Have fun at derby this weekend! I wish I could come, but we are having our first wedding reception here at a winery tomorrow. Drink a mint julip for me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home