Sunday, September 16, 2007

I should be working on a paper...

..but I decided to update my blog instead. It sounds more fun to me. So I am going into my fifth week of school. I had one of those "why am I doing this to myself?" moments last week, but they always pass. My schedule during the week is pretty hectic with no free time and by the time I get home at 7:30 or 8:00 I have to do school work, then wake up early and do it all over again. But I remind myself that it will be over soon enough. And I do enjoy the things I am doing, including my practicum, school (well, minus the stress of assignments), and my contiuned work at Americana. It just seems overwhelming at moments. Since I no longer have class on Monday, I am trying to enjoy my weekends more (since nothing is due at the beginning of the week). However, this means I stay up too late during the week and make myself sick (like I did this past week). But while this sounds a little depressing, it really isn't that bad. I am making the best of it. And at least I have my weekends....

This weekend wasn't that eventful. I had a housewarming party on Friday night. I have lived in my new apartment for a month now, so I figured it was about time. It was a fun party and a lot of friends stopped by. Too bad I was so exhausted and burnt out from the week. Once everyone left I crashed. Saturday I basically slept and watched cheesy movies all day in order to rejuvinate from my long week (I had some bigger assignments due which caused me to get less sleep than usual, which just throws everything off). And I am fighting off some kind of cold or something (of course, what else is new). Today I was much more productive and feel better. Oh yeah, last weekend I ended up going to Bluffton. It was my aunt and uncle's last weekend in the States before they headed back to France, and I got to hear my uncle preach at First Mennonite, plus see some of my old Bluffton professors. It was so weird to be back there! But it was good. I also got to see all my grandparents and my cousins...and Chad. It was a good weekend.

I realized I have lived in Louisville over two years now! As well as working at Americana for that long too. Definitely the longest I have been continously in the same job. Every Labor Day weekend Louisville has a big World Fest down by the river (which I always have to volunteer some of my time at). I felt like a veteran this year as it was my third one. Kind of hard to believe! Also last weekend I went up to Paoli for an Urban Corps celebration. The program has currently closed down, but they are still looking into possibilites for the future. It was nice to enjoy some delicious food and reminisce. Ok, this post has been kind or random, but there really isn't much to update on except for the same old routine. If I did a day in the life of Maria post now it would be much less exciting than over the summer. "wake up, go to practicum, go to work, go to class, come home, eat something, do school work, go to bed, start over". Awesome. I can't wait until Christmas vacation! Oh and if I didn't mention it, I love living by myself! I like being in complete control of my environment. But I at times miss the constant interaction with people, but during school this is helpful.

6 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger Abby said...

So Maria, if you love living by yourself, does that mean you didn't love living with me? LOL
Glad you're still making it with your crazy schedule. Hope we can get together over Christmas!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger alisa hartzler said...

I knew you would love it... I hope I wasn't to horrible of a housemate.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Maria said...

The point of this post was not to say I didn't enjoy living with all my former housemates!! I did. And I miss them all. Living by myself is new, and therefore exciting. I do miss people always being around though. But that is why I have a phone.

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you're saying Maria. I sort of wish sometimes that I would have lived completely by myself at some point before I got married.

Sorry I didn't have time to call you back yet. Hopefully I'll have time this weekend. I just get to do online stuff a lot more because I do it during class ;)

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I'm glad things are going well!

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey. where's the blog about my visiting to louisville being the most awesome time louisville has seen in 2007??
-anonymous

 

Post a Comment

<< Home