Sunday, August 14, 2005

Past the Point of No Return

Well the title of this post really has nothing to do with this entry, but that song is running through my head right now. Maybe because I saw Phantom of the Opera last night at the Ohio Theatre. And it was awesome as I expected. It seems like I just ordered the tickets the other day (which was in April). How time flies. It has now been over three months since we all graduated. Craziness. And two weeks from right now I will be spending my first night in Louisville. I am excited and nervous about moving. I have done absolutely nothing to prepare so far, but there is still time. It's weird becasue I want to move on from here, but another part of me does not want to leave all my friends and family and the comfortableness of home. However Louisville is only four hours away. It's not like I'm moving to Bangladesh. I know I will have a very valuable experience there. Hopefully my entries will become more interesting after I move.

I am so tired. Maybe because I have done more in the past two days then I did all week due to the removal of my widsom teeth. Yesterday I worked all day and the power went out for two hours which made it interesting. We kept the store open for like a half an hour, but there were a very limited amount of drinks we could make with no electricity. And anyone who did want one of these drinks got it for free because we couldn't ring it up. Some rude people took advantage of this and didn't even put any money in the tip jar! I also loved the people who marched right up to the counter and ordered their drink like everything was normal. They seemed completely unaware that all the lights were off and the store was eerily quiet due to the absence of music playing and the noise of us making drinks. When I explained to one lady that I could not make her double tall extra hot no foam latte or whatever due to the power being out she said "oh, is that why the lights are off?" People amuse me. After work I went to see Phantom with my mom, Denise, Celeste, Kim, and Derian. Our seats weren't as good as I hoped for the $65 we paid per ticket, but definitely much better than when I saw Chicago last year. I've decided that you pay $35 to barely see, $65 to kind of see, $95 to see pretty well, and who knows how much to see everything. But it was a great show and reignited my obsession with that musical. I had only seen the movie so it was neat to see how they did it on stage. My favorite part was the boat, and the chandelier in the beginning. But I must say the Phantom was not as hot as in the movie. But he played the part very well and he made me cry at the end.

Today I worked with Will and at Starbucks and that took all my energy. I need to go to bed now. I must remember to take some advil. Last night I forgot and woke up at 4 a.m. to very sharp pain in my mouth. I am wondering how long it will be before I can stop taking medicine every four hours for the pain.

2 Comments:

At 2:49 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

You're such an addict! Last night I had a dream about drug addicts. Anyway, I can't believe it is August. It seems like yesterday you were ordering your tickets and applying to Louisville. Soon you will be there - I'm excited to see you it turns out!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I just realized that these blogs are improving all of our written communication skills. These entries are so interesting and full of humor and other wonderful writing elements. I am so proud of my smart friends!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home