Monday, August 01, 2005

Nightlife, Weddings, Hives, and a Random Visit

Well I guess I had somewhat of an eventful weekend. Friday night I went out with Kim. We met up with a couple of her friends from work and had another random night out. We went to three bars - the first two were not crowded and more of a relaxed atmosphere. I didn't mind those. Then the third bar (which was on OSU campus) was extremely packed and loud. We saw at least 10 people from our high school there which was just weird. Hadn't seen any of them for over four years now. I love it when some guy who I never spoke to in high school acts like they are so happy to see me four years later (sarcasm). Since I did not have much to drink I did some thinking. Can someone please explain to me why going to a place so crowded you can barely move, you have to shout to talk to you friends, and you have to wait 15 minutes just to get a drink is fun? I really don't understand. Maybe I would have if I was wasted. Actually, I still think I would have thought it sucks. And pretty much every single girl in there was dressed skanky and looked so fake. I just felt like I didn't belong. Not that they are better than me or I am better than them, just that I am different than all of them. Alright, enough with the ranting. I still had a fun night, I just don't have a desire to go back to a place like that anytime soon.

Saturday I went to a wedding of a family friend in Orrville, OH. It was my dad's friend's daughter who is my age. When we were younger our families always got together but I hadn't seen her for seven or eight years. The reception was really nice with a delicious served dinner. It was nice to see everyone again. The bride's older sister (who graduated from Bluffton five years ago) pointed out that if it weren't for my dad keeping in touch with his college friends, I wouldn't have been at the wedding. (we were discussing the difficulties of keeping track of everyone after you graduate). I am glad we have started these blogs to keep in touch and I hope it contiunes so I can be at all your children's weddings some day!

So it was probably a good thing Abby's party didn't happen on Sunday. I started feeling sick on Friday (sore throat, bad cold, etc). On Sunday I was feeling a little better so I went mini-golfing and to a dollar movie with Adam in the afternoon. Later that evening the inside of my hands started itching like crazy and my face felt funny. So I look in the mirror and my upper lip, chin, and actual lips are swollen! I looked so weird (kind of like in the movie Hitch, but not that bad). And then I noticed bumps all over my body. I have no idea what caused it, but I broke out in hives. I'm not sure if this was related to my cold or not. I have only had hives one other time in my life (in fifth grade, and the nurse said they were the worst she had every seen). Luckily, these were not that bad. After drinking lots of Benadryl and taking a couple oatmeal baths, I was able to sleep well and when I woke up they were gone. Amazing. But I still did not feel my best today.

And to the final part of my entry. I got a call from Chad (VanBuskirk) this morning. He was in Columbus dropping a friend off at the airport. So he stopped by for a random visit. We were going to get something to eat, but due to my sickness I didn't have much of an appetite. So we just hung out for a little bit. I was pretty drugged up on cold and allergy medicine when he stopped by, so I don't think I was the best hostess. Oh well, I hope he forgives me. I had to work 6-10:45 tonight, which was about all I could handle. I am now going to get some rest so I will be all better for my visit to Laura's tomorrow!

3 Comments:

At 1:29 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Mmmm Benadryl. Did you drink the whole bottle like Hitch? And why was the movie so advertised in Europe?

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Maria did talk about drinking Benadryl right from the bottle.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Maria said...

While I have been drinking straight from the bottle, I have yet to consume the whole thing. And I don't now why that movie was advertised so much in Europe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home