Saturday, July 23, 2005

One Year Ago...

I realized when I woke up this morning that when I woke up one year ago my mom told me that my grandpa passed away in the middle of the night. In some ways it seems like it was so long ago, and in some ways like it was just yesterday. Does that make sense at all? So I started thinking how much has happened this past year and how things and relationships have changed. It was a pretty eventful year. Weddings, Europe, numerous road trips, my last two semesters, graduation, deciding what to do with my life, new jobs etc. Anyways, enough with the reminiscing. I wonder how much will have happened one year from today.

I don't really have anything to update on. Didn't do much this week besides work, relax, and hang out with friends. I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory again last night because my mom wanted to see it. (I know, I'm such a dork). I closed tonight and I close tomorrow night as well, so it doesn't really seem like a weekend to me. What a fun way to spend my Friday and Saturday night! Mr. Hensley (my high school guidance counselor) came into Starbucks tonight. It was nice to see him, it's been a couple years. Kim and I used to skip orchestra every other day and go to his office. So that was my excitement of the night. Oh, I also randomly decided to tell the people I was working with that I am moving to Louisville in a month. I hadn't told any of them yet. I was on break looking at the calendar trying to figure out when to call off to visit Vicki in Toledo and decided to write "Maria's last day" on August 24th (I move the 27th). At first I was not going to say anything and see who noticed, but then I figured it would be nice to say something. So the cat's out of the bag..I'm moving in a month. I don't have to act like I have no idea what I'm doing with my life anymore.

So it's past midnight and Denise just got a phone call (one of her friends is spending the night). I don't think 11 year olds should be getting calls this late from boys.....

Ok I'm done. I only have three more chapters left of the 6th Harry Potter book, so I'm going to read now. I have a bad feeling about how it's going to end....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home