Friday, July 29, 2005

Time for another pointless entry!

Denise went to a drama/art camp this week during the day so the house has been nice and peaceful. I worked mostly evenings this week so I enjoyed having the house to myself - I almost forgot what it was like. I went out for a drink after work with three of my male shift supervisors the other night. One of their girlfriends was there too so I wasn't the only girl. It was fun. It is so weird having a job I don't mind and having fun with the people I work with. I'm not used to it! Ashland was just so horrible last summer....never again, never again. It will be kind of sad to leave the Starbucks crew in a month. I am not sure if I am really supposed to get another job while in Louisville, but I must say I have been getting used to drinking two or three drinks for free per shift and I might go through withdrawal. I definitely won't be able to afford them if I am not working there! So I might just have to remain a Starbucks employee. It wouldn't hurt to have a little extra money.

In other news, Ben Grieser is most likely not going to Louisville. I text messaged him today and he said he probably isn't going, but I didn't actually talk to him. So it looks like I won't know anyone there. I'll make new friends!

I almost finished my Europe scrapbook tonight! I have been working on it on and off for two months now. I am just not in the scrapbooking mood I guess. I have less than 20 pictures left (and I had a lot of pictures!!) I could have finished it tonight, but I just couldn't take it anymore. Can anyone who scrapbooks relate? Sometimes I really enjoy it, and sometimes it feels like a chore.

I was sad to learn that Abby is no longer having a party this Sunday, but I understand that it just isn't going to work out. I hope to see you all in the near future though!

Finally, I was looking at my last entry about how Denise and I were going to play a duet in church the next morning. It went well, but church was rather interesting that day due to a mentally insane woman sitting next to me (literally, not being mean). She talked to me the whole service and nothing that she said made much sense. Just random thoughts and some pretty crazy stories that made sense in her mind I guess. She seemed completely unaware that Denise and I practically crawled over her to get out of the pew, play our duet, and crawled back over her to return to our seats. She was writing furiously in the guest register instead.

Ok I'm going to bed.

4 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

No Ben! I can definately relate to the scrapbooking thing.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I usually always think scrapbooking is a chore, but I enjoy the finished product! So, I think it is worth it.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Suzanna said...

Understand about the scrapbook...this past year I haven't really had time because of student teaching - now I just have all these pictures and scrapbook stuff in a big pile...maybe when I get to Seattle and have no friends I'll have some time :)!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger abby said...

I think it is so weird to scrapbook after its been a long time since taking the pictures - it's different trying to tell the story when you know the ending! (But then again...that could be a good thing!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home