Saturday, August 27, 2005

I Hate Moving!

Well I am pretty much done packing. I saved most of it for today. I am excited to move and for my new experience to begin, I just wish all my stuff would magically transport there and arrange itself nicely. I HATE the whole moving process. And in one year I will be doing it again. I hope I am not bringing too much stuff. My room is pretty small and does not have much storage at all (I am living in a renovated convent where nuns used to sleep). There is no way all my clothes will fit in the tiny closet. Everyone keeps asking me what exactly I will be doing in Louisville, and I still don't have an exact answer. All I know is I will be working at Americana Community Center with immigrants, and yes Louisville, KY has a number of immigrants from all over the world, which was a surprise to me. When I know what I am doing, I will fill you in. I will update when I am settled there. I just thought I would post one more entry from good old Hilliard. Not that I will never be coming back.

I should be able to update regularly. We will have one computer with internet access for the six of us to share. I orginally thought I was not going to bring my own computer since there won't be internet access in my room (and since my computer has been at my dad's work all summer being "fixed" a.k.a. more messed up), but when I awoke this morning I discovered that my dad bought me a new laptop . I did not expect this at all and am very grateful. My dad has always been random with this kind of stuff and yes I realize I am spoiled. It's a very nice computer. I like it a lot. So when I don't feel like sharing I can be cool and hang out at a coffee shop with wireless internet .

This summer has flown by, like usual. Looking back, it was a very good summer, and not dreading work every morning was a plus. I'll miss my friends and family, but it's not like I am going that far. I feel like I am just moving back to school.

So when I was standing in line at New York and Company yesterday my friend Erin noticed that I had a gray hair and pulled it out for me. It was completely white. This is the second time this has happened, the first being when I was getting my hair done for Abby's wedding and the hairdresser said "Did you know you have gray hair?" I don't like this at all. I'm only 22!!! I feel old.

I had another picture crisis, but I won't go off on it again because it could go on forever. Let me just say I really hate technology sometimes and it makes things more complicated. But if any computer expert out there knows how all my digital pictures went from over 2000X2000 resolution to a 320X540 when I transferred them to my computer, that would be nice. I no longer have them on my memory card and they won't print at that low resolution, so it is pretty disappointing..especially since I had lots of nice pictures from my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary that I was going to make lots of prints with...but now I can't. Sorry..I did go off. I will stop now. Tomorrow is going to be a long day....

5 Comments:

At 2:36 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

You're going to have a fabulous time in Louisville, even if you are spoiled.

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move, Blough. My Iowan accomplice and I are sitting in the lobby of 2nd Ram... it feels kinda strange. We will be visiting you sometime in the coming weeks/months. Road trip, whee.

I hope you left your copies of Buffy at home.

- Chad of the VBs

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh Maria, you are so spoiled. Maybe your dad could hook me up with a laptop too. I think I have the oldest laptop at law school...everyone else has nice new shiney ones. Oh well, I'll be different like usual. I'm going to call you soon but just so you know I found out today that Gill has some really bad infection and has missed almost 2 weeks of work because of it and expects to get fired this week :(

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Maria said...

Hi Chadd and Joel! Good to hear from you via comments. You should come visit me and of course I brought my Buffy DVDs with me!

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger abby said...

New laptop, eh? And we just taught you how to hook up your old computer!! lol I hope the move went well. I love to move! (Sorry you hate it so much.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home