Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Fireworks and Louisville

I heard today that Lousiville has the best fireworks in the whole country from one of my customers at Starbucks. She heard it on the news or something. I guess everyone will just have to come visit me next 4th of July!! What is weird is that three customers mentioned Louisville today. One guy told me he was traveling there this weekend and started making fun of Kentucky, one lady told me she just moved here from Louisville, and then there was the fireworks lady. And none of them know I am moving there at the end of August. Everytime someone mentioned Louisville I wanted to talk to them about it (especially the lady that used to live there) but I declined since the store manager was always nearby and he has no idea I am leaving. If customers keep bringing up Louisville I am just going to have to tell someone I will be living there in less than two months!

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday weekend. One unfortunate thing about working at a place like Starbucks is that I did not get a nice three day weekend. I worked Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and Monday morning, but at least I still got to see some fireworks and got paid time and a half on the 4th. I went to the Hilliard fireworks last night and it was like a mini high school reunion. I saw a few people I have not seen since high school graduation, and they were all people I did not mind seeing, so it was fun. We all sat together.

If I am not working, sleeping, or hanging out with friends or family, I am doing one of three things: 1) watching the 3rd season of Buffy, 2) rereading the 5th Harry Potter book in preparation for the 6th one that comes out a week from Saturday (!), or 3) finally getting around to scrapbooking my Europe pictures (Abby Mo and Reba...I am only on Versailles...) Anyways, that is my exciting life. However I have one less thing to do since I just watched the last episode of Buffy. Reba and Abby Mo might find it interesting that one of the characters was reading Jack Keroac's (sp?) "On The Road". Now I want to buy the 4th season. I will just have to restrain myself. However I did get $51 in tips today...hmmm.....(oh yeah, I get tips once a week, I did not think they would be that much! )

5 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

All your banquet/Tim Horton's experience is coming through with your big tips.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Suzanna said...

Hey Maria, I got it figured out I think. It was great to talk to you yesterday. I'm back at school :(, but only 4 more days of class and then I'm finally done with college (for now!) Hope you had a great day :)!

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger abby said...

I must have trained you well!! ;) See you (VERY!) soon!!

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo maria its deniseypoo u no ur sister ya! i lost 6 pounds in 20 minutes today :0 yup i have a secret workoutplan and im dead serious i did! ill show it to u if u want! luv ya
~Deniseypoo

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger abby said...

You really need to post your "Look, I'm a bug!" picture. It would make me smile. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home