Thursday, June 23, 2005

I am a barista

I finished my last day of training at Starbucks tonight and I am now officially a barista. What the heck that means, I do not know, but it is my title. I have now learned how to make all the drinks and use the register and I am starting to get the lingo down, but it will still take me awhile to really get the hang of it. It would be so much easier if people could just order a "tall mocha" instead of a "double tall half caf skinny extra foam no whip mocha"...just for example. I will probably have everything mastered just about the time I have to move to Louisville..but shhh..they do not know about that yet. I am thinking that I will work at a Starbucks in Louisville a couple nights a week or something if I am able to for extra money. This is the best summer job by far that I have had. I like everyone I work with, the time goes so fast, and I do not dread going there. And my schedule varies week to week which is so much better than 8-5 every day, but it does make it more complicated to schedule weekend roadtrips...

Speaking of road trips, I am pretty sure the weekend that would work best for me to visit Rebekah is July 8-10. I am supposed to play special music at my church that Sunday, but I will just have to switch it because it is the only time that works. And hopefully I can get off work...that weekend is full already (which means four people already have it called off), but I am sure if I write my nice manager a nice note about how one of my best friends from college is moving to Bangladesh for two years and this is my last opportunity to see her, I can get the weekend off. So Abby Mo..I will call you soon to discuss the details, and if anyone else is up for it, let me know! I wish everyone could come.

Other than working with Will and at Starbucks, I have not been up to much. I hung out with Vicki and Kim every day this week since Vicki was home. She went back to Toledo today. We tried on some more bridesmaid dresses which was fun. We found one at Macy's that I really like. However until Vicki sets a date, we won't be deciding on dresses (hint hint Vicki). I also discovered that I cannot wear halter dresses, unless Vicki wants everyone at her wedding discussing the size of my chest. Oh yeah, Denise is staying home with me this summer for the first time since my work schedule is so varied and she is now old enough to be home by herself. So we will get lots of quality sister time in this summer.

That's all for now!

1 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Sorry, I keep on getting distracted. To put a picture in your profile you first need to put it in your blog using hello/picassa like you have been doing. Then you go to your blog, look at the picture, click on the picture, and copy the web address for the picture. Copy this address on the profile page where it says picture URL or something. That's all! You can delete the picture from the main part of your blog, and it will still be on your profile. Don't ask me how this works, but it does. I hope this makes sense. I'm going to have some cranberries now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home